Thursday, April 22, 2021

 What can be more pleasant than being woken up in the morning by the sound of rattling garbage cans being emptied and the sound of the garbage truck driving and stopping, driving and stopping. It’s how I know it is Thursday morning, and that people have already been up a couple of hours. Friday morning will be much the same as another company comes through the neighborhood. 

And a happy Thursday morning to you too. It is another beautiful morning but still cold, — 40 degrees. But the sun shining brightly will help warm things up or at least “feel” like it has. I need to put my shoes on and go out and pull the coverings off of my plants again. I think I can put them away as the temperatures isn’t forecasted to drop down below freezing any time soon. I won’t put them too far away because one never knows what God will bring in the spring. Although, we are predicted for 80 degree plus weather just past the weekend. It’s part of the spring roller-coaster temperature ride that we go through every year. 

We didn’t go to the church yesterday. We did “around here” stuff instead including the laundry. Ms. Kate spent a good deal of time looking for a specific paper that she uses to make her greeting cards\. I don’t think she ever found what she was looking for. But when she gets an idea for a card, she spends a great deal of time finding exactly what she wants. She has been asked by two different people now if she would make a card for a specific event for them and of course she said she will. She has such a talent for doing this and I told her whether she recognizes it or not, her card making and send them to people is her ministry. She certainly doesn’t want to acknowledge that because I think she feels it gives her more credit than she is due. All I know is that she constantly send her cards out and people really love them and she brightens people’s day. She’s doing something nice for someone else out of love. Wouldn’t you call that a ministry?

I finished my message for May 2nd yesterday. Next message will be for May 9th and that is Mother’s Day. So, I’ll find a good topic for that. I sometime struggle with what to say about these specific holidays that we celebrate. It’s sometimes hard to justify and celebrate a “man-created” holiday Biblically. I need to check and see what the Liturgical Calendar has for that day. 

Today we’ll go to the church and run our bulletins. Tomorrow maybe I’ll take as a “day off” because on Saturday, I have to spend hours in a Zoom meeting with the association’s spring meeting. Sooo — I’m off for now. Have a wonderful day. Peace. 











No comments:

Post a Comment