Monday, April 5, 2021

 Good morning and Happy Easter! Yes, I know “Easter” was yesterday but Jesus is still alive and that makes every day Easter. And it is an absolutely beautiful morning. It’s already almost 60 degrees outside and is going up to 79 today. How perfect is that. If I still had my convertible this would be a top-down day for sure and we’d do a road trip for sure even if it was just around the county. 

Our weekend was great. Julie and the pups came over Friday evening and stayed through lunch yesterday. Jim had to work all dat Saturday and decided to stay home and get some of his work done at the house. But it was a wonderful visit with Julie. 

Worship services went perfect this weekend. We had three services yesterday and all-told the attendance was about 130 people total. It was wonderful to see full pews again. We had lots of visitors and and also some members that I had not seen in a long time. Of course we all know that it was an anomaly and part of the Christmas and Easter attendance tradition but all the same, I was just happy to see folks there\. Starting this coming Sunday, we will be doing “COVID masks optional”. I know that our attendance will be back to “normal” and that still gives us ample room for social distancing. I expect that some may not come because we aren’t requiring masks and others that haven’t been coming will now come because we aren’t requiring masks. It’s the society in which we live these days. I will still carry my mask with me because even though the state will no longer require masks, many businesses still will. 

I finished the book that I was reading and have loaned it to one of my parishioners who loves to read. I’m betting she will be using it in some of her Sunday school lessons. It is a good source for that. I have started on another one of Simmons’ books, this one is called “The Power of a Humble Life”. It isn’t as thick of a book as the first one but is too is an excellent read. 

The sun is shining on the cardinals this morning and they are beautiful. Unfortunately my feeders are mostly empty si I need to get out there and fill everything. In the meantime, they can clean up some of their ground mess that they drop. As I sit here overlooking the backyard, the daffodils are just about done. The blooms are starting to die off and droop down. The tulips though are going strong and the lilacs are blooming. The azealias have  buds on them  and maybe will be open in a week. And all of the peonies are starting th get bigger and some even have bids on them. We are very blessed to have a continuation of beauty from the flowers all through spring and early summer. It does take a lot of work though. 

Time to refill the coffee cup. You have a wonderful week. Peace. 










No comments:

Post a Comment