Friday, May 29, 2020

Welcome to Friday. It is noon and I’ve just come in from the garden and yard. We have had a couple of sprinkles this morning and I expect we might get more before the day is over, so I decided to get out there and do my trimming and mowing before it gets any wetter. I mowed my front and back yards and Dan’s front and back. I had a lot of trimming to do as I told you the other day. My garden was full of weeds of all kinds and rather that take the “hula-hoe” to it, I decided to take the trimmer to it and cut them to bare ground. It worked well and looks good again. I also have a flowerbed back here in the backyard that I really needed to trim around before I mowed. So, — I’m caught up for this week. Ta-daaa! I hear a lot of other people out there mowing too trying to beat the rain. But at the moment, they are getting wet because it is coming down a little harder now.

I also need to go back out and fill the bird feeders. They are all mostly empty. I’ve had a lot of visitors to the Buffet but there isn’t much for them too chose from. But again, it is raining pretty good so — oh well. They will have to be wild birds aand forage for themselves.

I’m sitting here waiting on FEDEX to deliver my new gas griddle. I love cooking on a griddle. Maybe it takes me back to my teenager days and first job ay Franklin Drug Store. I was pretty much a “jack of all trades” in that job. I did deliveries to customers, I mopped floors, I stocked shelves in the store and unloaded delivery trucks. But every once in a while, when someone was absent fro thee “soda shop, I filled in there too and flipped burgers and cooked eggs and bacon on the griddle. Those are happy days to look back on; I was sixteen and it was my first job, and I bought my first car; a 1954 Studebaker “hard-top”. Unlike today when half of the high-school student body drives to school, I was one of the few who owned a car. I paid $125.00 for that car.

The rain has stopped for the moment so I’m going to feed birds. Have a beautiful weekend. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment