Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Wednesday Morning and of course it is once again raining. I feel sorry for the technician from Schneider Heat and Air that has to come out for our annual A/C check up. He has a window of 1100-1300 hours so maybe by the time he gets to our place it will have quit. This low pressure system is kind of stalled out over the Ohio River Valley so we are going to see a couple more days of this; just showers, on and off. We are supposed to tape this weeks worship service at Zoar UCC’s out door chapel. So, hopefully it will not be raining by tomorrow afternoon. It will be, what it will be.

Yesterday I went out to Zoar and shot some video footage to add to our service video. I sent it to Jacob and told him he could use some, none, or all of it if he wanted to. He told me that he has a friend that has a drone and he is going to try to have him do a video of the location.That would be really super. It is such a beautiful location. I think drone footage could be dynamic.

Ms. Kate finally got hold of her doctor’s off and had a virtual office call. They said the problem she is having with her ankle and foot is probably another gout flare up. She is already taking medication for gout but that doesn’t mean it won’t flare up. She was/is having to use our walker to get around and barely making it with that because of pain. I’ve never had gout (knock on wood) but everything I see and hear tells me it is terribly painful. Tylenol helped her some but the doctor has prescribed Prednisone. I got her prescription picked up and we got her going. She feels better this morning but the pain will still be with her another day or two most likely. The worst thing was that this gout flare came on the heels of a bit of a stomach bug and she went from one thing directly into another.

With Ms. Kate down and out for the past week, I’ve been doing the chores. I’ve been keeping us fed but only as much as out of a can or run and pick up allows. Yesterday I tackled vegetable soup. No one makes better soup than Ms. Kate, no matter what kind of soup it is. But, with a lot of questions and proper guidance, I got it made and I must say —- it doesn’t suck at all.  And — while I’m getting my mind set to tackle that she tells me that I’m also going to make a “Dump-Cake”. What boy, how do I do that? But again, careful instructions led to a pretty good dessert. See, I’m still trainable.

Today, I need to go over my sermon one more time and print out a couple of copies. Unless Ms. Kate gets to feeling a whole lot better she won’t be doing liturgist duties this week so I’ll be doing “double duty” . There are a lot of steps to go down to where the altar is and I’m well versed in doing those steps with a bum leg. It’s no fun.

The A/C folks just called and my technician is on the way so I’m gone. Have a blessed day. Stay safe and the best way to do that is to stay in touch with God. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment