Saturday, May 9, 2020

Rain yesterday, sunny today. But, rain again tomorrow. Sigh! But, I’m not complaining except that it is going to be a little muddy to go out and fill the bird feeders. It was supposed to frost last night so I went out this morning and checked the plants and flowers. It appears that nothing got hurt so maybe it didn’t frost after all. But at the moment it is 55 degrees and beautiful outside. So I must give thanks to God for another day of life and another chance to observe His wonderful creations.

I finished my sermon for the 17th last evening. Now I need to just finish up the “script for the service” and finish the bulletin to send to Brenda and Jacob. Then I can take a couple of days off before I start again. We are mid-way through the month of May almost and soon we will be starting some variation of in-person worship services again. I’m still not sure what that is going to look like. We could continue doing what we are doing and it works well. But I know there are members of the congregation that are not receiving he message because they lack the technology to be able to get it. They may not have internet or have Facebook etc. And I have people that really just want the closeness to “being in God’s house”, and I totally understand that and feel the same way. So, we are going to have to figure out something soon. There is all kinds of “guidance” out there from medical people and politicians and church hierarchy people. It ranges from keep the doors to the church closed, to worship in small ten person groups with no touching or singing, to throw the church doors open and trust God. My smallest church generally has an attendance of 20 or less and we have plenty of room to come and self-distance, so we may start in June with having something close to normal worship with them. And we also have enough room to practice good self distancing at my larger church. We can begin to have worship services and continue to “live stream” the services from there and those who want to come can attend and those who aren’t ready to commit to that just yet can continue to tune in from home. No matter what, I will not allow God to be silenced from this parish if I can help it at all. June will be interesting to see what transition begins to take place. I ask you to pray for all of us as we make decisions.

Time to go feed the flying critters. I pray you have a most blessed weekend. If you are a mom and are reading this; Have a wonderful Mother’s Day and thank you for doing the job that God appointed you to. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment