Tuesday, May 12, 2020

It was a sunny Monday so I guess we have to have a Cloudy Tuesday. But it is another cool day, at 55 degrees. The forecast calls for sporadic showers today. The only thing on our agenda is a salon appointment for Ms. Kate at 2:30 this afternoon. She will of course have to “go through the drill” of having her temperature taken and the wait in the car until it is her turn to enter the shop. She is going for a perm today and it will take a while. Normally the beauticians can work on a couple of people at a time but now hay have to only work on one at a time. But, at least they are open again. She had made this appointment before this corona virus crap started so she was lucky to be able to get in.

I have had a flock, or gaggle, or murder, or whatever a large group of starlings is called, here all morning. It appears to be a group of about twenty. They have totally emptied the large bark-butter bits and the other one is almost totally empty. I think I am going to let those feeders stay empty for a few days. They are going through a seven pound bag a week. I bought five seven pound bags a couple of weeks again and have emptied two of them so far. That’s $42.00 worth of bird feed. I don’t need to be spending $100.00 a month just to feed starlings. The worst thing is that they drive other birds off.

We are working hard to get back to in-person worship services. One of the folks has volunteered a large tent for us to use to hold an out door service. I spent sometime last night drawing up some “needs and guidelines” for us to try to do this. I’ve sent it out to the councils for discussion and planning purposes. I hope they get back to me shortly. If they decide it is a go, then we’ll just pray for  sunny weather. I know folks are really anxious to return. I’m shooting for either the 24th of May or for Memorial Day. This year Memorial Day also happens to fall on Pentecost Sunday and I think it would be really neat to have a “Tent Meeting” on Pentecost Sunday. There is a lot to work out though. It’s become clear that staying home and doing “virtual church” is a lot more work than actually doing my normal services.

That’s about all for today; there’s nothing exciting going on or if there is —- I’m not in the mood to care. LOL. Y’all have a very blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment