Monday, May 11, 2020

And here we are, starting another new week. God has opened up another seven day period for us to make a difference in somebody’s life or maybe make a needed change in our own. So what better way to start out the week than being grateful for another load of blessings being dropped in your life.

How was your Mother’s Day? If you are a mom, did you get some extra lovin’? Did your children make contact with you. Did your husband do anything special in appreciation for all of the work that you do and have done in making a home for the kids? If you are the dad, did you make sure you gave some extra attention to your wife and did you make sure the kids did the same? Around here, Ms. Kate and I didn’t do anything “special”. I grilled a couple of steaks and together we prepped and cooked some veggies also on the grill. But, neither of us “got dressed” for the day and we basically lazed around for most of the day. We watched our worship service on our computers, had our lunch, planted some new iris that Karen had given us on Saturday and took a nap. I didn’t buy her any flowers because anywhere you look in our yard you will see beautiful flowers. I didn’t buy her candy because we really don’t need to be eating it, and I didn’t buy her anything else because at our age, if we want something, we just buy it. I did have a card for her though. Beyond that, it could have been any day of the year but the day made her happy and that was all I really cared about. I also called my one remaining aunt and wish her a Happy Mother’s Day. She is such a sweetheart and has always been my favorite aunt; always the one wild flower standing above a bland wheat field.  I told her that since I no longer had a mother, I was borrowing her for the day. She seemed pleased.

I’m working still on how and when to re-open the church. A parishioner texted me yesterday and said that he has a 20 ft by 40 ft tent that he is willing to bring to the church and set up. People then can bring lawn chairs, self distance as families or even sit in their cars to hear the service. I’m excited about the prospect. We may look at doing that on Memorial Day weekend. Lots to work out first though.

I filled bird feeders again yesterday and the Backyard Buffet haas been busy this morning. The robins, cardinals, woodpeckers, and blackbirds have all been fighting over one feeder despite the fact that all the others are full. I also had a Pilated Woodpecker fly in for a bite or two. I always consider that a real treat and blessing when one of those visits us.

That’s all for today. I hope your week is full of blessings and love. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment