Friday, May 8, 2020

Happy rainy Friday morning. The feeders are fairly empty and most of my guests are hiding out anyway. There is one Gros-beak sitting in the gazebo feeder just staying out of the rain and occasionally taking a bite of safflower seed. Other than that, the place is deserted. I guess if I were a compassionate guy I would go out in the rain and fill the feeders, but that ain’t happening.

So, let me tell you my good news. I always say, “Turn it over to God” and I try to live that life, often without success because I tend to be a control dude too often. But, You’ve all been with me for the past year and a half as I went through all of the stuff with my Achilles’ tendon. Yesterday was my final appointment with my orthopedic surgeon. He confirmed what I already suspected, the tendon has regenerated which is virtually unheard of. He felt of it a couple of times and looked at me and said, “I can actually feel it.” He had never seen that happen. I suspect that now I will be the subject of a paper for him. LOL. I still have limitations and will always have, but the fact that the tendon regenerated in any form is simply a God created miracle. Dr. Richardson said he expected I would be in my brace for the rest of my life. But, I use it maybe 10% of the time now. I can’t run or even walk very fast, and I tire quickly if I have to walk very far or stand for very long, but that is true whether I wear the brace or not. So, when someone tells you to give it over to God, think about my miracle. God, be praised.

We celebrated my good visit by going up to Haubstadt to Dewigs and picking up a little meat, and the we drove on up to Owensville to a farm stand and bought five quarts of strawberries. They are sooo good. On the way back home we stopped at Ft. Branch and picked up some Thai spring rolls from the mom of one of my parishioners.

Ms. Kate and I made 17 jars of freezer jelly last evening and she made my favorite dessert of all times, a Kistorte. It is basically just a baked meringue cake, and we put whipped cream and strawberries on it. It will make your tongue slap your face. So, we’re eating good again today.

I guess I need to vacate my recliner and get busy. The rain is going to be around most of the day and then it will get cold. We may even have a late frost tonight. Yuk! I hope your day iS pleasant and full of blessings. If not —- Give it to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment