Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Happy mid-week. It is the middle of the week and no special special day to celebrate. What will we do with ourselves? It is a bright sunny day and currently 51 degrees with a wind. That spells chilly in my books. Although the critters at the Backyard Buffet obviously don’t seem to mind. I filled up the bark butter bits feeders yesterday evening and they are half empty this morning again and as usua, it is the darn blackbirds and starlings that are the flying pigs.

We went to the church yesterday afternoon and taped the service. It seemed to go very well. I reckon we will see about that come Saturday night on You Tube and Sunday morning on Facebook. We are currently having discussion on how to re-open the churches again. It is very complicated and also a very emotional thing to people on all sides of the argument. We want to keep everyone safe of course, but we also have to discern what actually makes up worship in a holy manner. I’ve been reading the guidelines put out by our Conference and they are depressing as a minimum. My interpretation of Themis the while the say they are given in Love and concern; to me, and yes it’s my own interpretation, they are given in fear. What I read in these guidelines is: strip the church of bibles and hymnals, have a constant ability of hand sanitizer and wipes and bags to throw them in. There should be no singing and therefore no spoken liturgy such as a responsive Call to Worship, Unison Prayers of Confession, or Lord’s Prayer. People must be staggered in and they must be wearing masks and sit six feet apart. Everything must be wiped down before and after the service or when anybody touched a surface of any kind. Bathrooms will have to be “single use” or sanitized in between. No offering plates and no communion trays can be used. So basically, put on your body condom and come and sit six feet apart from one another in fear and distrust. Oh, and this is all done because we love one another. I’ve seen movies about these kinds of societies. Again, my rant and my personal thoughts.

I think Ms. Kate wants to go to the cemeteries today for some genealogy work. I reckon I better quit grousing and get myself ready. Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment