Saturday, May 2, 2020

Two mornings ago I filled the feeders; both the bark butter pellets feeders and the sunflower seed feeders. This morning they are mostly empty. The blackbirds are out there fighting over the last morsels of the pellets as I sit here and watch. There is a squirrel on one if the sunflower feeders and it has been there for a good thirty minutes. Another squirrel has just climbed the pole on one of the other feeders. No wonder I go through so much bird feed. Just yesterday, we went to Wild Birds Unlimited and I spent another $100.00 on Bark Butter Bits, and that was with my discounts. I’m about to think I need a new interest. I need to go to Pet Food Center today and pick up another 80 # of sunflower seed. Unfortunately, I think quitting feeding my birds will be like when I quit smoking; — I’ll do it tomorrow. (Wow, I just realized that it has been 31 years since Ms. Kate and I quit smoking. Good for us.)

Our governor has released his “open the state plan”. It will be done in five stages.According to the newest guidelines we can begin in-person worship as early as next week. I’m not ready to do that. I don’t want to preach from behind a mask and I don’t want to look at a congregation all wearing masks. I have proposed to my parish that we continue to do virtual services through May. Normally, we would begin our combined summer services the first Sunday of June. I have proposed that we postpone that until July. By then we should have some idea of what the effect of re-opening will have on the country. I reckon I’ll wait and see what the two councils say. Until then, we’ll continue to do our virtual services and they seem tto work just fine.

I’m having an extremely lazy Saturday morning.Ms. Kate made a great french toast with an apple compote for breakfast and now, I’m sitting here being lazy once again. At some point today I need to put some tomato plants in the ground as a couple of cucumber plants and okra plants. But this is my first real day off with nothing to do for the church and I intend to make the most of it. I’ve opened up the sunporch doors and am Letting the breeze flow through. I hope your day can be as relaxing. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment