Monday, May 4, 2020

Okay, I think everyone else has said it so I may as well say I too; “May the 4th be with you”! There, I got that out of my system.

So, happy Monday to you. We have a sunny 63 degree morning here at our house. The starlings and blackbirds have once again emptied the large Bark Butter Bits container. There seems to be at least one blackbird or starling on it at all times. I don’t know how to get rid of them beyond going out there with my BB gun and shooting them and I don’t want to do that. I guess I’ll just keep feeding the greedy little buggers.

How was your weekend? Ours was of course very benign. Ms. Kate worked on her cards most of the weekend. I got the lawn mowed and the garden planted and got a start on my May 17th sermon. Our service went well on Facebook and YouTube and we had good “attendance”.

So today’s adventures will include some major endeavors like watering my garden, blowing all of the “helicopter seeds” off of my sidewalk and I need to go out front and do a little digging around the “Harley Tree”. It is a Tulip Poplar that I planted in the front yard a few years ago that had been just a rogue thing in my flowerbed. It has grown well but has some damage at the bottom from something. It looks like it got nicked by the lawnmower but I don’t recall hitting it. Neighbor Dan sent a picture of the damage to the county extension agent and he said that I had the tree planted a bit too deep and needed to free up some space around it and let it breathe. But other than that, he said it looked really healthy. I think I planted it three years ago and it was only a foot tall sapling. Today it is easily seven foot tall. I really don’t want to lose it. We call it the “Harley Tree” because Julie put the ashes of her dog under that tree. So it has meaning. Digging around it will also mean that I don’t have to get the mower as close to it.

We dodged a big storm yesterday. It went south of us and I guess there was a lot of wind damage associated with it according to the weather reporter. I haven’t heard of any deaths associated with it but supposedly there were lots of trees damaged and some roofs blown off.

The state has started to “open up” again as the COVID 19 virus continues to sicken people. I think it looks like it is slowing down in some places but still people are dying. There is a whole range of reactions and emotions over this whole thing. Some people are demonstrating because they are tired of being “locked down”. Other people don’t want anyone outside with out a mask until no one on earth comes down with it. Politicians and media have totally turned it into a blame war. The guidance is so confusing and of course there are those that say that if you don’t follow every CDC guidance to the letter then you are a serial killer and should be jailed. And they play the guilt trip. If you go out, you may become a carrier and not know it and will infect your grandmother and kill her. In my opinion, they are the worst because they lay it on so thick. Hundreds of doctors are speaking up and saying that we really do not have to be doing all of this hiding but no one in the power places listens to them. They are too busy being “important” and being in the news. Granted, this is all just my opinion and daily rant.

In the meantime —- God will handle it anyway. Have a great day.


No comments:

Post a Comment