Thursday, May 28, 2020

Thursday morning already again. I knew that Monday holiday would mess me up and throw my days off. The sidewalks are wet and the water is now glistening on the grass as the sun shines on it. I don’t know when it rained last but my Accuweather app says it is going to be showering again before much longer. I need to mow my yard but I suspect that may not happen today. Although, I could go out with my weed trimmer and do some of that. I was trimming last week and I ran out of string on the reel and had to restring it. Then my battery got too low for the trimmer to be effective. So, I put the battery on the charger and haven’t touched it since. Needless to say, it should be fully charged by now, if in fact the battery still takes a charge. I have a blower that uses these Black and Decker batteries and it seems that they just don’t last very long and they are expensive. The batteries just get to a point where they will no longer charge. The same thing happened to my Dewalt drill. The batteries just wouldn’t take a charge anymore and new batteries for that drill are hard to find. I have a source for them but they are more expensive to buy that a new drill combo kit. That’s the way it is these days. Father’s Day is coming up in about three weeks and I’m waiting on the Father’s Day sales and will buy a new set. I have enough Lowes gift cards to but a nice set, and my girls will probably give me a couple more. They know I love my Lowe’s gift cards.

Ms. Kate finished making her “Thinking of You” cards yesterday afternoon and I got them all signed , addressed, stamped, and put in the mailbox at the post office. She made 34 this time. That accounts for almost every family in the parish. I included a notice in each one that we are starting in-person worship services on the 7th of June in each card.

This afternoon we are going up to the church and tape this weeks service. I still need to read through my stuff a couple of more times before we go. I just like to “rehearse it” in my mind several times Before I give it. A lot of pastors do so well at kind of talking through their services but I write my stuff out and stick pretty close to the script. Ms. Kate says if I don’t do tat, I get to rambling and get off subject sometimes. And, nobody ants a rambling preacher who can’t keep track of the time.

Got to restock the Backyard Buffet today. There are a lot of empty feeders out there. I wouldn’t want the guests to think I’ve gone out of business.

That’s it for today. Have a blessed day. Take time to stop and give thanks to God for your blessings. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment