Monday, February 17, 2020

Good morning and a happy new week? How was your weekend? Did you get some rest? Did you make it to your house of worship? ——  It’s President’s Day, a day in which we celebrate the birthday of George Washington, (the “Father of our Country”) and Abraham Lincoln, (the great emancipator). I wonder if they even teach this stuff in our schools these days or if the liberal educators have decided to eliminate that part of our history too. I call it a “sales-holiday” because that is about all it is used for. The Federal offices are closed, so no mail today, and some of the schools are closed and others aren’t. Lots of stores though will be having President’s Day sales although strangely enough the only real sales ads I have heard have been from car dealers. We are a weird society sometimes.

Today however, is a marked day on my calendar. It was one year ago today that I took my tumble down my basement steps, starting a year of surgeries and recoveries and therapy sessions. I think I shall not try to re-enact the event. Sitting here comfortably in the sunporch this morning with no pain or visible effects from all of that is just a miracle. As I have said a thousand times, yes, having to put my simple brace on my leg everyday when I’m ready to leave the house or navigate the basement stairs is an inconvenience; however, I could have been killed, I could have been paralyzed or any number of other options. I owe my condition today to God. I’m healed, I’m healthy, I can get around the house without a brace, and I’m able to work and serve the God who made this recovery possible by sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I don’t need proof of the goodness and grace of God; I am living proof. What more could anyone ask for?

We had good attendance at both churches yesterday. I had made my number of bulletins for yesterday based upon the number of attendees last week. Well, we ran out of bulletins at both churches. That’s a wonderful problem to have. I know that it won’t continue to be that way simply because it never does, but, —- folks are coming back to the church as they feel comfortable to do so and I can’t ask for better than that. We are a week out from Ash Wednesday and the Lenten season. Seven weeks after that we’ll be at Easter.

The council members finished getting the furniture put together for my office at St. Lucas and it really looks nice in there now. It’s functional and it looks professional. It no longer looks like the pastor has been stuck in the copy room. Yes, the copier is still in there but it is no longer the nicest piece of equipment or furniture in the room. I do need to go up and put my computer together and see how it works up there.

Did I tell you about my Moto-cross riding granddaughter? She had an accident out on the track either Friday or Saturday and broke her left foot with what is called a Talmus Fracture and she sprained the right ankle. We suspect her racing season is over for sure. I would ask that you lift her up in your prayers.

That’s it for today. I’ve been a regular “Chatty Kathy” this morning haven’t I? Have a wonderful week. Be kind to one another and share your blessings. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment