Monday, February 24, 2020

Hello Monday morning! You’re kinda dreary and weary this morning. There’s nothing but clouds and it looks like it could rain any minute and probably will. That’s the forecast for most of the day and into tomorrow. We have certainly had our share of rain and other people’s share too. I think we’ll end up February a good two inches above the normal for rainfall. But shall I say it again? —- At least it isn’t snow!!!

How was your weekend? Ours was pretty routine with nothing exciting going on. It all runs together when you don’t have an event happening. But either. Friday or Saturday, we did the laundry — wahoo! Saturday I filled the bird feeders or at least some of them. I ought another 80 # of sunflower seed and got that carried out to the shed and put in the cans so while I was at it I went ahead and filled all of the feeders that hold sunflower seed. The squirrels have been busy at them of course. So far this morning it has been squirrels and starlings at the feeders. But now, it is cardinal feeding time and they are starting to flock in. And a lot of the small birds are flying in now too; mainly junkos, finches, and woodpeckers. One lone dove is walking around in the yard and a couple of wrens are hopping right outside the glass door. I’m also starting to see more Goldfinches although they haven’t yet begun to turn color.

We had a fair amount of folks at church services yesterday. It was more what I would call “back to normal attendance”. The “new guy preacher” syndrome has worn off. Although, this week is Ash Wednesday week and there will be a good turnout for that evening service, although we are predicted to have a rain/snow shower mix going on, so I guess we will see what happens. I’m anticipating that there will be around 70 people there for that service.

I’m going to do some visitation this morning at the hospitals. I don’t really know either of the people because neither of them are my parishioners. The one was a member many years ago butt hasn’t attended but maybe once  in the time I have been associated with these church’s and that was for a funeral . But, his family are faithful members and are asking for prayers for him, and who knows, me stopping in to simply say a prayer with him could spark a return. And if it doesn’t, I still will have prayed with and for him. The other lady is one that I stopped in to see a couple of weeks ago. She is Catholic and has clergy care, but again, she is closely related to some of my people and they have asked for prayers for her. So, I will go by and see her too.

While I’m out, I may just go on up to the churches and run my bulletins for next Sunday. I’ll be doin in-home communions on Wednesday as well as the evening service, so I might as well get a start on everything early.

That’s it for today. Have a great Monday and hve a great week. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment