Friday, February 21, 2020

Hello Friday, you pre-curser to weekend day. There is hardly a cloud in the sky this morning and this is the second day in a row! Wonderful. Now, (and yes, I guess I’m still complaining) if were just warmer than 23 degrees it would be super marvelous. Unfortunately, we aren’t going much above freezing today. I feel for anyone that has to work out doors and I especially feel for any of the folks that are homeless. The “white flag” has been raised at the shelters which means, “Please come in and get out of the cold.”Unfortunately, there are those folks who for one reason or another, just won’t take advantage of programs like that. For some I think it is pride or maybe embarrassment. But we don’t want anyone, especially families with children sleeping out on the street or in their cars in weather like this. We are supposed to have a lot of sunshine again tomorrow and the temperature is supposed to rise to the fifties. I want to get out in the back yard and clean up some of the limbs and crap that is all over my yard. I just don’t want to do it in below freezing weather.

But —- at least we don’t have snow. My daughter in Goldsboro, NC got 3 - 5 inches of snow last night. But, their temperatures are going to bounce right back up to the upper 50s and 60’s tomorrow so their snow crisis will be short-lived. The biggest problem they will have is people driving like idiots and not paying attention to the probability of black ice today and tonight when the temperatures drop and the streets refreeze. The kids all had a snow day today most likely. I just find it funny that. They have had more snow this year than we have. But then, they are welcome to it.

My self-imposed task today is to get downstairs and finish the sermon that I’m working on. It is for March 15th. I have it about three quarters done and once I get started back on it, the problem will be winding it down. I’m only half way through my “thought process” for this one and when that happens, I tend to ramble. So, careful tailoring is in order. I’m working an a sermon series for the first five Sunday’s of Lent. It turned out to be a lot harder than I thought it was going to be. When I first came up with the idea of doing this “series” the titles seemed to just jump right out to me. Unfortunately, the titles didn’t bring along enough of their little word friends for me to play with. So, I have to go searching and develop the concepts on my own. But, writing these things is really a joy, most of the time. And, when I finish one and re-read it and and it all seems to are sense, it really makes me happy and gives me a sense of accomplishment. My prayer always is that what I’m putting on paper is what God wants me to deliver. And I also pray that what makes sense to me, will make sense to everyone else. It does no good to deliver a sermon that people cannot connect with. I have to admit that I have written sermons that sounded really goood to me at thee time and then in thee middle of delivering them, I stop and think to myself —- “This is really boring!”

So, Got to get to it. Happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment