Thursday, February 27, 2020

Happy Thursday morning. It has been a while since I saw a morning that was this bright and beautiful. But, I think my AccuWeather app is on crack this morning. Yes, it is 34 degrees, but my app says that we will have snow starting in four minutes. There isn’t a cloud on the radar and the sun is shining brightly. So, I don’t know where the snow is going to come from but I reckon we will wait and see what happens in four minutes. I’ll let you know.

I had good visits with some of our elderly parishioners yesterday and I did my visitations and took communion to them.

Okay, four minutes are up, and I don’t see any snow but —- my app now says the snow will end in nine minutes. Yeh, my app is on crack this morning.

Anyway, as i was saying, I had good visits with some of our folks. One of the couples I have visited before and have had good conversations with. The other couple I have known them at the church since I started there the first time back in 2004 but I have never sat and talked with them and really didn’t now much about them. They generally scoot out the door at the end of the service as we shake hands but that was the extent of our conversation. So yesterday, I sat and visited with them for about an hour and asked them all kinds of questions and got to know them a lot better. They are really nice people, which I had figured them to be. He has been a life-long member of the church and she has been coming with hi since before they got married. I try to find out things about especially our older couples  and people because frankly, the odds are good that I will be doing their funeral one of these days and need to know them and what to say about them and their life. I know that sounds a bit morbid, but it is what it is.

Ms. Kate and I had our “anniversary dinner” at  McDonalds last evening on the way to church. It was terrible. We waited forever and they got the order wrong and they didn’t have what Ms. Kate wanted to begin with.  The kid working the window to shove the food out to the customer was griping about the girl in the first window saying she didn’t know what she was doing and then as we drove off, we found out that that he had not only given us our order, but I suspect he gave us the order for the guy that was in the car behind us because us. And, —- right order or wrong order, — cold McDonalds french fries suck!!

Nine minutes are up and I guess the snow that never was has stopped. LOL

We had a good turnout for the Ash Wednesday service last evening despite the cold and snowy weather. I’m thinking that we had close to sixty people there, may a little less. This Sunday we are doing an infant baptism and also communion, at St. Paul’’s and I expect a nice crowd for that. Baptisms bring relatives and relatives fill up the pews. I married this couple several years ago and this will be the third of their children that I have baptized. I feel very honored to be an important part of their lives.

I think I’ll go ask Ms.kate if she wants to get dressed and go find a nice restaurant for lunch or maybe an early dinner this afternoon. We must compensate for that awful dinner experience we had last night. Tomorrow we are meeting Bob and Brenda for Schrooms at lunch time.

Enoght for today. I hope your day is pleasant and joy filled. Peace, my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment