Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Well, well, well, —- Tuesday the 18th of February. It is 42 degrees, has been raining (kind of) for awhile, there is a breeze that is strong enough to keep the Corinthian Bell chimes ringing and swaying, which means that if I went outside it would feel damp and cold. If it were bright and sun-shiny and 42 degrees I would be very comfortable and probably be in a short sleeved shirt. That’s the difference that adding sun shine to your life can make. It’s very much like my faith. No matter what the circumstance, adding the love of Christ to my life just brightens up my day because I know there is never a moment that I am not loved.

I filled several, (not all) of the feeders yesterday. But there are three feeders now full of sunflower seeds so the squirrels can get off of my butt and quit staring at me with those hateful looks. I filled several of the bark-butter paste feeders so the woodpeckers are really happy and I have plenty of the bark-butter pellets in the feeders, and bought a new one,  and I also put out four peanut butter suet cakes. The squirrels had eaten the last of the seed cylinder cakes even though they had to hang upside down and hang on with one toe to do it. So, I went to Wild Birds yesterday and re-stocked the larder. This time though I bought hot pepper seed cakes. I waiting to see the squirrels work real hard to get on that feeder only to find out the seed is going to burn its tongue and lips. Three of my taller feeders are totally empty but the yard is too wet to use my ladder to get up to them so they will just have to wait a bit.

What to do today is the question. I’ve started on my March 15th sermon and have finished the worship services to go along with it. I could go downstairs and work on that sermon today or I could go up to the church and put my computer together and finish setting up my pastor’s study at St. Lucas. Tomorrow I plan to spend the day at the offices. I need to run the bulletins for Sunday and for Ash Wednesday service which is a week from tomorrow. I haven’t really gotten into a “routine” yet with this new job and I’m not sure why I feel that way. I’m getting everything done, but I feel like I’m leaving something out too. At Zoar, I had two established “office days” and they were expected by the congregation. In this job, I really have no expectations from he congregation that I have set office days. They just know that if they need me, I’m there for them.  So, it is an adjustment on my part to make.

I guess that is allI have for you today. The rain has quit and now the temperature is going to drop. The squirrels are running and chasing one another all of the years and across the house and through the trees. I guess they have to work off allof that food they are eating somehow. Have a pleasant day. God loves you, and so do I. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment