Wednesday, February 12, 2020

How did it get to be Wednesday so quickly? Where have I been and what can I remember to account for my time. Well, only one word describes it —- busy. Taking on this new job and going back to the two churches is very time consuming, at last at first it is. I laugh at the contract that I have with the churches and I was hired “part-time” which is for 20 hours a week. If I stuck to that, I’d work two days a week to get everything done. But, I knew and they knew that part-time was just “words”. Like I said, things will slow down before too long. But, I spend far more than 20 hours a week just on working on my sermons.

I’ve done visitations two days this week. I went to see a lovely couple yesterday that I had not seen since before I left there over three years ago. They are both in an assisted living complex now. They have rooms right across the hall from each other and he spends almost all of his time sitting in her room with her. They have been married 67 or 68 years now. It is a living picture of love.

A couple of the guys did get one bookcase and the wardrobe put together in my St. Lucas office. I’ve started taking some of my reference books up there with me. Yesterday I took the first eleven volumes of the Interpreter’s Bible up and put on the bookcase. There are sixteen volumes and they are heavy. They look like the row of “lawyer’s law books” that they have in their offices. I bought my used set fifteen years ago off of Amazon and they are an old set. I think I paid like $125.00 for my set. New sets are like a grand and that is for the download set from the computer. But, I have used my set many time over the years. I was told in one of my seminary classes that every pastor should have a set of these and also a “Strong’s Concordance “. So, I have both. I don’t know that I have used my concordance very often. I also have a good Bible dictionary. When I eventually leave the parish, I’ll leave the books to the church.

Of course, we are having rain again today. What’s new? It is supposed to set in and last most of the day and night and bring about another inch. 2019 was the wettest year on record for us and I think that 2020 is trying to challenge that. We are looking at rain for five out of the next seven days. That is why I did my visitation and administration stuff at the chuch yesterday. I wanted to beat the rain and cruddy weather. It is about forty this morning. Tomorrow we are supposed to start off at around 30 and then drop temperatures for the rest of the day and set down to twelve degree. But, (thank you Lord) it still isn’t snowing.

The bird feeders are empty again and I’m running out of feed again. The sunflower seed can is almost empty and I’m out of several other things. But, the yard is too wet to be tromping around out there anyway  so, everybody has to go back to being wild animals and critters until I can get out there.

That is it my friends. I apologize for not getting to you sooner, but while my life is busy, it isn’t all that exciting anyway. Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment