Thursday, February 20, 2020

Thursday, February 20th and it is a cold morning but Praise the Lord, it is aa bright and sunny morning. It is 32 degrees with a 15 mph wind out of the north which is knocking the “real feel” temperature down to 18. That is a significant difference from the 32. I think I’ll just enjoy being in the house for a while.

As you noticed, I didn’t get around to writing yesterday. Yesterday was “office day” up at the churches. I’ve decided that Wednesday will be a ful day at the office, whether it is actually in the office or out on visitation. Of course, if someone goes in the hospital on a different day I’ll be there for that too but I’m reserving my Wednesday as work at the office day. It was a busy day and I got a lot done. I finished setting up things in the St. Lucas office and I also did some work in the St. Paul’s office. I got all of my bulletins run for this coming Sunday and I also ran all of the bulletins for next Wednesday’s Ash Wednesday Service. We don’t do Wednesday services like a lot of churches do except for Ash Wednesday and we do the Ash Wednesday service up at St. Paul’s. Our Maundy Thursday service, which is between Palm Sunday and Easter, we do at St. Lucas. It all works out even that way. I have a pretty good routine down now for getting my bulletins etc done. It just took me a couple of weeks to get back in that routine.

I had trouble with the computer set up at the new office. Everything worked fine except that the computer won’t let me connect to the internet. We don’t actually have wifi going to the church and have to rely on a hotspot. That hotspot works well with my IPad and my Surface Pro laptop but for some reason it won’t connect to the PC. The PC reads that it is there and I put in the password for the device, but then I get a message saying that I can’t connect. It is frustrating. But, we have a couple of good technical guys at the church and they will look at it on Sunday. Most likely, it is operator error. When I have a computer problem, that is generally the case. My computer knowledge is very rudimentary. Me trying to read the technical specs and instructions is like a non-musician trying to read sheet music. As I tell Ms. Kate, —- if it can’t be solved with a “re-boot”, I’m basically lost. Fortunately, most things can be solved with a ‘re-boot”.

I did a parishioner visit with Bob yesterday. Now some folks would say, “no, you just went to see your buddy”. But, Bob is one of my parishioners and he lost his lovely Ms. Georgia Ann three or four years ago, and he lost his best buddy a year ago and he is a lonely guy. So, I called him and asked him if he wanted to go to Dairy Queen for lunch and he readily accepted. We had a good visit and it got him out of the house. I think Bob is 88 years old now. We became friends the first time I met him and that has been sixteen years now. I never had an older brother, but Bob would have been a good one.

Oh, I saw a Bald Eagle yesterday flying over the church. It was a magnificent sight with the sun glistening off of that white he’d and tail feather. It made me almost want to stop the car and get out and salute. Well, maybe not all of that, but it was exciting to see. I knew there were eagles up in that area but I don’t see them very often.

Enough for today. It is time for me to get out of my chair and accomplish something. I pray you will have a blessed day;and if you do, —- stoop and give thanks to God for it. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment