Tuesday, February 4, 2020

A blessed Tuesday morning to you. It is raining, (again) but it is also fifty six degrees. So, there is no danger of this rain turning into something that I have to shovel or worse yet, slip and slide and fall in. My Accu-weather App says it is going to be raining for the next couple of hours and I’ll be surprised if it stops then. So, — I think that sitting here watching my guests at the Backyard Buffet and listening to the ran on the roof sounds like a solid plan for the morning. Of course there is always the damages of the “drowsies” and the “dozies” sneaking up on a fella under conditions like this.

Ms, Kate and I sat at the church all day yesterday waiting on a furniture delivery and it never happened. Well, not the one I was expecting anyway. I was supposed to receive three pieces yesterday, a desk and two bookcases. What I did receive was the wardrobe that I was expecting to arrive on Thursday. So, I talked to the freight company this morning and now the other three pieces will arrive on Thursday morning between 0800 & 1200. However, being there yesterday gave me the opportunity to get all of my bulletins run and put where they belong and it gave me a chance to do some writing and I got a good start on my March 8th sermon. So, the day wasn’t wasted, just long. Ms. Kate took along a bunch of her card making stuff and made some nice “Thank you” cards.

Yesterday evening I had to go meet with our local United Church of Christ association for my renewal of my license to serve the two churches as their pastor. I call it the “Inquisition” because that is exactly what it feels like. I don’t know what answers they were looking for; but I know I didn’t give them the “high theological” answers they were looking for. Some how it seems like “feeling called by God to preach the Word and the Bible, loving my congregations and loving the joy of being a pastor” just isn’t enough of an answer for them. They will re-license me, of that I have no doubt. But I do get tired of the attitude that they are merely tolerating me, but I’m certainly not really worthy to be playing on their ball field. I hate the fact that I come away “angry” every time I leave that board, when I should be joyous. But —- that’s my problem and I’ll be over it by the time I sit down and start working on my sermon again. But thanks for letting me vent.

I think I have to go to Sam’s Club and see if they have a table for my office. I need a six foot one instead of this massively heavy eight footer. So with that, I’ll sign off for today. Yes it’s still raining but let’s go look for sunshine through the clouds. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment