Saturday, October 5, 2019

What a beautiful Saturday this is. Ms. Kate and I are both sitting in the sun porch checking our eyelids for holes. I dozed for a bit but now I’m mostly awake so I thought I might as well jot a few words.

It has been a busy morning. We went to the Toyota Dealership today and ordered a new car. It is a 2019 Prius, AWD XLE. We had to order it because the colors they had on the lot were not colors we liked. They found one in the color we liked at another dealership somewhere and will send their porter to get it on Monday morning. Personally I would have taken one of the ones they had because I like dark colored cars it Ms. Kate doesn’t and she says that AAA recommends light colored cars for us older folks. So, we’re getting a “Sea-Grass” green. We want them to expedite picking it up because  we want to drive it to North Carolina next Tuesday. This will be a “work car” for me. It gets 50/54 MPG which will take a load off of Caddy and my truck. We’ll save the Caddy for trips etc. and use the Prius for all of our run around driving here in town and for my parishioner visits etc. It might seem really silly for two people to have three cars but they each have a purpose. I could have traded in my truck but I just believe that a family needs a truck even if only occasionally, and my truck, although it is a 2007, only has 48,000 miles on it. Of course, as I told you yesterday, it is “sick” at the moment and needs to be repaired as soon as I get back from vacation. As for Ms. Kate’s Caddy, well, she loves her Caddy and we want to make it last as long as we can, We already have almost 70,000 miles on it and it is a 2015. See, one can rationalize most anything if they put their mind to it. LOL

We are really looking forward to our visit to Lisa’s house next week. I think it may have been two years since we were down there. I sometimes really envy folks that have their families really close. BUt the truth is, all of the kids and their husbands work all the time and have little to no time for things like visiting. It is a fact of life in today’s society.

Tomorrow is Sunday and I’m preaching the sermon tomorrow. I hope you plan to take the time to attend your house of worship. We can never be grateful enough for all of he blessings God provides so we as a minimum owe God an hour or two a week spent in worship.

I looking at my recumbent bike and obviously it isn’t going to ride itself so I guess I better haul my butt out of my recliner and get on it and ride for a few miles. Have a blessed day. Shalomn

No comments:

Post a Comment