Wednesday, October 9, 2019

It is Wednesday night and I'm in a Comfort Inn & Suites in Winston Salem, North Carolina. We stopped here for the night rather than driving another four hours or so to get to Lisa's house. e spent the night last night in Corbin, KY. About 1530 hours we had stopped at a gas station to refill the Prius and decided that the traffic was getting heavier than we wanted to drive through. We still have Greensboro, Durham and Raleigh to go through, all of which are heavy traffic cities. We had seen two very serious accidents out there on the highway already in the last hour or so and didn't want to be involved in one or have to wait in traffic for an hour while one got cleared up. So, here we are. There is an Outback Steak House next door so that's where we had our first and only meal of the day.

I have to say that I am impressed with our new car. It has plenty of pickup when we need it and it handles well. Best of all, we've driven 500 miles on $13.00 worth of gas. I find that incredible. The vehicle is comfortable and has plenty of room. It was Ms. Kate's idea to buy this car and I salute her thought process. We have the prospect of some changes coming in our life in the next couple of months and this car will be a great asset. More about our changes if they in fact come to frution.

Speaking of vehicles, when we get back home, we need to take the cadillac in for servicing and maybe some new tires. And of course, the Dakota is sitting in front of the house waiting for a trip to the garage and diagnosis. I'm looking at anyhting from a busted hose to a thermostat, to a water pump, to a new radiator. Nothing is going to be cheap, that is for sure. Since I have the new car for a work car, I might just fill the radiator with antifreeze so it doesn't freeze up, unhook the battery, and let it set there for the winter.

It has gotten late and I think I'll finish up and go to bed. Have a great week. Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment