Thursday, October 17, 2019

Thursday morning and we are home. We left Lisa’s house on Tuesday morning and drove mst of the day; finally stopped in Corbin, Kentucky at the same hotel we stayed at on our first day of travel down to Lisa’s house a week ago. The weather was perfect on Tuesday and we made good time. Our only holdup was a traffic accident that had happened at the seven mile marker just inside of North Carolina. We caught up with that accident around the fourteen mile marker and traffic was at a standstill. We had maybe a 30 - 45 minute wait there but once we started to move, it was good traveling from there on.

We stopped in Louisville, KY for lunch at P.F. Chang’s. It is Ms. Kate’s favorite restaurant. From there it is a two hour jaunt to the house. We got home and immediately took a nap, and then unpacked the car after we got moving gain. Ms. Kate got a load of wash going right away and we can put our suitcases away until December.

It is a brisk 40 degrees here this morning. My bird feeders are empty and that means I’ll need to put on my jacket and go full feeders sometime today. I see I also have a bunch of leaves to take care of today. Bless my sister-in-law Karen, she kept the yard watered while we were gone and my newly seeded back yard is showing a good stand of grass now. We’re starting to get rain again so I think I can pull the hose back in. This morning I have cardinals and blue jays, and finches here and they’re all giving me the “stink-eye” and looking toward the house, accusing me of not doing my job. I noticed too that the goldfinches have almost all turned brown now with little to no yellow showing.

While we were on vacation, I only did one day of doing any bike riding. Lisa has a recumbent bike identical to ours but I never got off my rear end except for one day to to day riding. So, that too is on the agenda for today. And, I also need to take Ms. Kate to get her hair trimmed. It;s aa busy day and we are playing “catch-up”  Having said that, I guess I better get out of the recliner and get started. Have a most wonderful day. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment