Saturday, October 26, 2019

Good morning. It is a rainy, soggy, 54 degrees morning. The weather perfectly matches the mood in our house this morning. We received a text yesterday afternoon from our middle daughter, Heather, that her daughter Lauren has found her dad dead at home. I don’t know the specifics but suspect possibly a heart attack or stroke. He had a history of both. Heather had divorced him I think six years ago and Lauren lived with her dad and son Jon lived back and forth between his mom and dad but mostly with his mom. Needless to say, our hearts are breaking for our grandchildren. They are 22 and 19 and far too young to have to deal with this. So I’ll ask you to lift them up in prayer for comfort from God.

We’re supposed to have a full day of rain today, maybe up to two inches. That should take us outOf a drought situation. Heck just a week ago we were all under burn bans here in southern Indiana and northern Kentucky. We are told though that even with al of the rain today, we won’t be in any danger of flash flooding because the ground will soak it all up. It’s a good thing as Martha Stewart would say.

My co-pastor, Pastor Art asked me yesterday morning if  I knew how to get rid of raccoons. I guess he has several and they are doing damage to his yard barn. I told him I had just the traps he needs and I took them over to his house and set them for him. He used some dry cat food; I would have used wet because it is more pungent.  It is too rainy and wet in his back yard for hi to go check so far this morning. He said he checked on them around 1700 last evening and still didn’t have one. He has two acres of yard surrounded by woods so it is a natural habitat for raccoons. I hope he starts catching them though.

I guess I’ll finish this and then my cup of coffee and then get on the bike for a ride. Have a blessed weekend; stay in touch with God. Shalom.


No comments:

Post a Comment