Wednesday, October 23, 2019

It is a chilly morning to say the least at 43 degrees. But the sun is shining brightly and I don’t see a cloud anywhere.

Yesterday was a roller coaster of a day. It was a day of good things followed by periods of “well, crap!” I decided that I was going to try to figure out what was wrong with my truck so I took a couple of gallons of water down to the street and poured a gallon into the radiator. As I was looking at what I was doing, I saw water starting to drip from under the engine block. As I suspected, the water pump was bad. So, I called AAA to have them come tow it.  Amazingly enough AAA had a tow truck at our house within thirty minutes and we had it towed to the garage owned by one of our parishioners. Two hours later, I had a new water pump and the truck was ready to roll. Win, win!!!

But, for every up, there must be a down I guess. I decided that I would work on the park bench that has sitting in my garage for two years and rebuild it. About the only tool I required was a drill. However, every battery I had for my cordless drills was dead as a door nail. One was even sitting in a charger but I guess the charger doesn’t work anymore either. So, sometime today I need to go to Lowes and get new batteries and charger. In the mean time, I pulled out an old hand drill to do what I was working on.

Ms. Kate was busy making apple sauce yesterday evening. She had cooked the apples and was going to put the waste down the garbage disposal. It didn’t work. We had been noticing a bad smell somewhere around the kitchen sink but had not been able to locate it. Well, she reached under the sink into a pan to reset the disposal and found that the pan under there was full of water and it smelled just like sewage. Yuk!!! That’s a win for apple sauce and a loss for disposal. We have pulled out some of the stuff from under the sink and I have called a plumber. They will be here tomorrow.

Today we are going with the senior folks from the church to an Amish Restaurant about an hour north of here. Hopefully today is going to have ore “wins” than bad. Although, if the day goes like trying to write this blog has gone, it is gong to be aa long day. I have missed more letters in words and had to go back and correct more words than I can count. Some how I keep missing the “a” and it is driving me a little crazy.

Have aa great day. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment