Friday, October 4, 2019

Good morning and happy Friday. It is a beautiful fall morning; currently 61 degrees with a breeze  and promises to be a beautiful day all day long.

Yesterday was a day of issues. First thing yesterday morning we got a call that appointment opportunities had opened up for us to go to the dentist. It has been a year because of one thing or another so we said that we would be there. Well, the appointments were for 1130 and Ms. Kate has to take an antibiotic pill before any dental work. The dentist called in her prescription to Walgreens but they don’t open the pharmacy until 0900. So, I got dressed and went there and waited, picked up the scripts and took them home to Kate.

After our appointments we went to get some lunch and then to the grocery store and the hardware store. From there we headed up to Haubstadt to Dewig’s so we could put in our order for how to butcher the hog we are buying from Brenda and Andy. On the way there I had a trouble light come on that said my battery was having problem. I drove on to Dewigs because it was only another six miles or so. When we got there, I hopped out and raised the hood and there was water going everywhere. Luckily, there was fellow that I knew that came over to help me. I went on the store and asked if there was a hose that I could use to put some water in the truck and they had me pull around side of the place and we tried to cool it down. It took quite a while but we finally got it to the point that I could drive it.

From there we started home before it got hot again so we pulled over and let it cool down a little more and started limping back home again. Well, we didn’t get far and it was obvious we were not going to make it so I pulled off to the side of the highway and we set there for a while letting it cool down. I called neighbor Dan and he brought us 3 gallon jugs of water. By the time he got there the truck had cooled off sufficiently for us to add the water. We lived it all the way home and it now sits in front of the house. I’ll worry about having it fixed when we get back from our vacation. In the mean time, it can set there. I think it is either the water pump or the thermostat that has gone bad. Either way won’t be cheap to fix.

So, yesterday was a day of issues. However, neither Ms. Kate nor I had any problems with our teeth from the dentist so that was a good thing. And, we got the order put in for how to butcher the hog. Brenda says they will be taking the hogs to market within the next two weeks, soo that will be waiting for us when we get home too. Brenda says the hogs will probably weigh in at about 250 pounds so that will put a lot of meat in the freezer. I prefer pork to beef anyway. I think it is hard to beat a good pork roast.

I guess hat is about all the news I have for you today. It is the weekend. I hope you have a good weekend. I send God’s blessings. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment