Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Hello Tuesday my old friend. I’m glad to see you back again. It’s eleven degrees cooler this morning than it was yesterday morning. The temperature is sitting at fifty degrees with a nine mile an hour breeze. I took some stuff out to the compost bin a little bit ago and it felt a bit chilly.

Had a busy day yesterday. My big news though is that I finally made my goal of doing ten miles on my recumbent bike. It took me 76 minutes. I was pooped by the time I got off of the bike and stiff too. But, I was determined that I would make ten miles for no other reason than I wanted to. BBut, I’m not going to ride today. I try to ride three maybe four times a week for at least thirty minutes. And —- I did it without my orthotic. I can hardly believe how well my ankle area is doing. God has truly blessed me through this process.

Cardinals, finches, Woodpeckers and a fat squirrel make up my guest list this morning at the Backyard Buffet. i still haven’t made it to Wild Birds to get more safflower seed. That feeder is n’t totally empty but is getting very close. I like to use that because for whatever reason, the blackbirds and starlings don’t eat it but the cardinal love it. I see the nuthatches going after it too once in awhile. And, I have the wooden 4x4 that that feeder sits on shielded with a three foot wrap of aluminum flashing and the squirrel have given up on trying to climb it. There has been more than one trail of blood running down the pole from where they cut themselves trying to get up there. I think I have had that feeder for ten years now. It is a wooden gazebo with a plastic cylinder in the center to hold the seed. I bought it at an Amish woodworking place on one of our day trips and it has really held up well.

Today I need to see if I can figure out where I’m losing the water from my truck. My son-in-law gave me some ways to try to figure it out. Then I’m going to call AAA and have it towed to the garage. I don’t want to be driving it and be worrying about it running out of water. And, I pay for AAA every year and never use their benefits.

Ms. Kate has apples cooking this morning for some apple sauce. We bought a bunch of apples before we left for vacation and by now many of them had big brown soft spots on them. We bought them knowing they were “seconds” but I think they had been picked up off oof the ground. We still have enough good one left to make a pie or two though.

That’s my life for today. I hope you are having a great day, I certainly am having a blessed day thus far. Peace.


No comments:

Post a Comment