Thursday, October 31, 2019

Happy Halloween! Can you believe that we actually had snow flurries this morning. It is 1500 hrs and the temperature is 36 degrees and a stiff wind is blowing making the “real-feel” temperature a balmy 24 degrees. I generally go sit at the end of my driveway on my John Deere to pass out the candy to the trick or treaters. Not this year. I have set a basket of candy out on the porch and they either take it or they don’t. If the kids do go out tonight to trick or treat, there will be some sick kids tomorrow.

One of the first things we did today was to get the patio plants in to the house. We are expecting our first hard freeze of the season tonight and in the morning. I’ve disconnected the hoses from the taps outside. I don’t think they would have ruptured with just one night but I’m taking no chances.

The news of my leaving my home church hit cyberspace today via the monthly newsletter and I’ve already had feedback. I must be a popular guy. LOL. But,, I just hope we can get a co-pastor to help Pastor Art out quickly.

Ms. Kate and I had to get out and go to MsDonalds for lunch. The McRib is back for its limited time and we do like those. Then we had to go see Bob because he had some turnips for Ms. Kate that he had actually gone out in the mud to pull for her. So we went up to his place and picked the up from him. We love them raw the best.

That’s it for today. Have a Happy Halloween. Can you believe that tomorrow it will be November already? Tie to start thinking about Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment