Friday, October 25, 2019

It’s a cloudy, dreary Friday morning and fifty one degrees. My Accuweather app says we’ll have racing starting in 34 minutes and it is generally spot on. Forecasters have predicted showers on and off today and then tomorrow we are supposed to get a real soaker. But we are still officially i a drought situation so bring in the rain and bust that drought!

Wednesday we went with the church group up to an Amish restaurant in Washington Indiana which is about an hour drive from us. The food was good as it always is and we had I think about 27 people go. It was a nice time.

Yesterday we had the plumber come and put in a new garbage disposal. He told me that the old one had been leaking for quite a while as it was full of gunk. I think we had that one put in about 2004 so I got fifteen years of service out of it. Anything over 10 years for an appliance like that is gravy so I have little to complain about. My one complaint though is that this seems to be a week of $300.+ expenses. Between the truck and the garbage disposal my billfold has gone dry. Today we’ll get all of the stuff put back up under the sink and can maybe put our kitchen back in order.

I’m working on the park bench still and it isn’t going all that well. I’m having trouble keeping things lined up to put them together. It is not only heavy, but it is awkward to work with. It is definitely a two person job and I ain’t two persons. But where there is a will, there is a way. I went to the hardware store last evening to get some new bolts and what I got is too short. I should have bought inch and a half and bought inch and a quarter instead. There is a common saying that doing FIY projects always requires at least three trips to the hardware store. I’ve had two now so no telling what else I’ll need. But, I will probably go today and get what I think I need. But, as aggravating as it might be, it feels good to be doing something wood working relate again. It has been too many years.  I don’t know that I’ll actually work on the bench today though. I twisted  my knee last night working on the thing, (yes, the same leg as the ankle problem) so I may lay off of it. I want to ride my recumbent bike today for awhile and maybe kind of work the soreness out, or it may make it worse.

It has been a busy time at the Backyard Buffet this morning. I have a few cardinals out there but mostly it has been squirrels out there running and chasing and fussing and fighting. Their running across my roof sound like a herd of elephants. Very entertaining.

Speaking of elephants, Ms. Kate and I are going over to Louisville, KY on Monday and meet Julie and Jim and their friend Karen at the Louisville zoo. They have a new baby elephant that is old enough now to be on display and we want to see that. As you know, I love elephants.

The weekend is here so I'll remind you to take time to go to your house of worship and give God God’s due. We’ve ll had another week of blessings and we need to acknowlege where those blessing came from and be grateful for them. Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment