Tuesday, July 23, 2019

July 23rd, Tuesday. I started my day out by going to physical therapy and the great news is that I have completed therapy. I have one more 30 minute session to go to for my final evaluation and discharge. That will be on the 6th of August just before I go to my surgeon’s checkup. I am go blessed. This has all healed as it should. I went yesterday and got my new AFO (ankle/foot/orthotic) and it works extremely well. It is light weight, easy to put on, and fairly comfortable. I have to wear a shoe with it because it is a very slick plastic and it only attaches to my leg just below the knee. That means nothing holds it to my foot. At night I just use my cane to steady myself getting to the bathroom with a bare foot. This has been a very long five months but I have zero complaints. I’ve said it a hundred times: I could have been dead at least twice during this process. Instead, I’m walking around, a bit worse for the wear, but I’m doing fine. So, if you have offered prayers for me and my recovery, thank you very much.

I’ve also been cleared to go downstairs to my office. Of course I will have to do it carefully and use the “two-step” method of going down. But, I have aa handrail and will always use it. Now I can get my “work-stuff” off of the kitchen table and we can turn the table back around like it it supposed to be and get all of my office stuff back down to where it belongs. Then I need to clean out what I call “Crip’s Corner” in our bedroom. That is the stack of stuff that I have been wearing since February. It is in and on top of the suitcase I was going to take on our vacation. I haven’t been able to easily get in and out of the closet so that is how we’ve lived around here. We can now also put the family room coffee table back where it belongs and put the dining room back together. We may actually get this place looking like a house where healthy people live again.

Ms. Kate spent yesterday morning putting peaches in the freezer and then yesterday evening she made a peach pie. We haven’t tried the pie just yet but I’m sure it will be a big part of our dinner tonight.

God has blessed us with an absolutely beautiful day and we are both out here in the sun porch with the glass doors open and a beautiful breeze blowing through the screen doors. I think it has now reached nap time. I hope your day is blessed as fully as mine has been. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment