Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Tuesday July 9th; Good morning on this bright sunny day. I hope your week hs started of in good spirits and that you have a good week ahead of you.

Ms. Kate and I are doing our usual morning stuff on our computers as we get the sleep out of our eye and brains. I’m done with my “sink shower” and have gotten dressed. I still have to get to the kitchen sink and wash my hair. I am so tired of that routine and will be so glad when I can get in the real shower again. I have nine more infusions and then the PICC line comes out. As much as I have been looking forward to it, it seems impossible to think I’m down to single digits with it. Another change is that I am now walking all the way from the hospital parking lot to the infusion lab on the fifth floor of the hospital. Ms. Kate no longer has to go get me a wheelchair and push me through the hospital. I’m very glad about that because it was hard on her to do that. Admittedly, it was great exercise for her and she got much better at it. The last week or so, but it was still a strain on her. I sure didn’t need her to have a heart attack because she was pushing me around in a wheelchair.

I have about an hour until we need to head out to the Physical Therapy appointment. I’ll be doing that twice a week for the rest of the month. They are having me work on strengthening my butt and thigh muscles and hamstring. I don’t know what the benefit of it will be but, I guess it won’t hurt to do it. So, now my days include a medical appointment four days a week. Yay!! But this too will pass. I just need to remember to keep my attitude up and some days that just isn’t easy; today being one of those days. It took me almost an hour to get out of bed, do my “sink shower”, get dressed, get my boot on and get out here to the kitchen. I just kind of seem to sit there and think about what I’m going to do, then convince myself to do it. I think the long pole in the tent is putting on my boot. It takes a lot of bending over to fasten the five Velcro straps that hold it on, and then it isn’t all that comfortable to wear anyway. Again —- this too shall pass as soon as my brace gets here. I hope it is going to be everything I think it will. I get the ideas of how aa thing is going to be and then I get disappointed when it isn’t.

So, if you would, send up a prayer for me and help me turn on my bright light instead of going around in a funk. I could be much worse off and I go to infusion lab everyday where people are taking infusion just to stay alive. I have absolutely no right to complain and should be praying for those people instead.

Go out and have yourself a glorious day. God walks with you and surrounds you with a holy shield of love. What more could any of us ask for. Shalom my friends. Thanks for reading and “listening”.

No comments:

Post a Comment