Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Wednesday, July 3rd. I’m sitting here in the sun porch listening to the pit pat of a few rain drops hitting the roof. There is more thunder than rain at the moment. I hope whatever is out there will pass shortly because we’ll need to leave to the hospital in a little bit. It is infusion time almost. BBut, tp the south of us I can see blue sky through the trees so that gives me hope.

Yesterday I went to my surgeon’s office and he has removed my bandages and splint. However, he has put he back in my boot until I can get my brace. But, at least I got to come home and soak my foot for the first time in months and wash off some of the scaley buildup from all of th dry skin. It was marvelous and it was also a bit gross. After I dried my foot, I had to run the little vacuum over the floor to pick up all of the dried skin. I think I mat do that again today after we get back from the hospital.

Today I went to TruArch and “John” fitted my foot for my brace. It was interesting to see how he did that. He literally made a “soft cast” of my foot and leg up to about my knee with my foot at a 90 degree angle. He let it almost dry and then he cut it up the front and took it back off of me. He’ll send that in to their factory and they will custom make it for me. There is about a two-week turnaround for the brace to get here and I’ll have to wear my boot until then. The biggest changes are that I have worn a size nine or nine and a half size shoe and now because of the brace, I’ll be wearing a size ten. That will take some getting used to. I hope I don’t trip because of the extra length and because I didn’t raise my feet high enough. I guess I’ll end up having to buy a bunch of new shoes too. That’s really a shame because I have a lot of shoes. I just bought a set of Tecova boots this past winter and have only worn them three times. I’ll never be able to wear them again.

Well, it is time to head to the car and thee hospital. It is is still thundering but not dong anything more than a light sprinkle. Hopefully it will pass shortly. Have a great day and celebrate the 4th of July safely.  Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment