Friday, July 26, 2019

Friday morning; last day of the traditional work-week. I once heard it said that when you buy something like an appliance or a car, ya’ want to make sure it was made on a Friday because people don’t have their minds on their job on Friday. I don’t think that is a true thing. I worked in manufacturing production at Whirlpool Corporation for almost seven years while I was going through college. I never saw a difference in production, although there were certainly higher employee absences on both Friday and Monday. So, perhaps there is something to it because somebody has to “shoot those screws” and the fill-in person might not be as familiar with the routine or be happy about having to fill-in. Just a thought.

It is another beautiful day outside. The temperature is stating to creep up higher than yesterday though and with that so will the humidity. I haven’t accomplished a thing this morning with the exception of playing my computer Bingo and Criminal Case game. I put a post on Facebook that I was gong to dedicate the first hour to politicians today by sitting in my chair, staring out the window, doing nothing while I collect my government pension.

I guess I need to refill a couple of the feeders again this morning. The one Bark-Butter -Bits feeder is almost empty. The birds all seem to like that and the dang blackbirds and starlings are the worst. They fly in and fuss and fight and will sit there for long periods of time gobbling the food down. They run other birds away and they constantly peck at each other.

I should spray myself with mosquito spray this morning and go out and do some yard work. The garden needs the weeds hoed out of it and I have a patch of poison ivy that I need to get out of the Azalea bushes. Our landscape folks won’t touch it because they are both highly allergic to it. He sprayed it earlier this week so maybe I can get in there and pull it out. It usually doesn’t bother me.

Last evening I made the arrangement for our 2020 vacation reunion. We are gong back to Gatlinburg, TN. The family all seem to like it. Usually we have rented a large mountain top place, but this time I have rented a large place down in the valley that is creek-side. It looks to be a beautiful home and I think everyone will enjoy the place. We went back to the company that we have rented from twice before and they have always treated us great. I’m excited about it.

I hope your weekend is relaxing and i hope you have some good family time. Increase the joy of family time by attending church together and worshipping the Lord God who made you a family and provides all of your blessings. Peace , my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment