Monday, July 15, 2019

Monday afternoon. It has been a rainy and cloudy day on and off. I went to work this morning and it was cloudy but I looked outside and it was pouring not long after that and it rained all the way up until I was going into the hospital for my infusion. But it was a “good rain” in that it was slow and steady and by now, we are needing some rain. However, there is a tropical storm that is Arrington a lot of water with it that is slowly moving up from New Orleans through the midwest. We’ll be dealing with rain through Wednesday.

Two more days of infusions! How great is that?? My six weeks are just almost over. I will be so glad. And again,, I am not complaining. This hasn’t hurt one bit and has only been a pain in the butt time-wise and scheduling wise. And of course the fact that I haven’t been able to take. Shower. But, my leg dressing prevented that for several weeks too.

Today is “Amazon-Prime” day which is a couple of days that Amazon has great deals of merchandise and best of all, free shipping. Ms. Kate and I bought a recumbent exercise bicycle for a really good price. It will be here sometime on Thursday. Then of course, I’ll have to put it together. We will put it out here in the sunporch so we can exercise and watch the birds etc at the same time. If we keep on it, it will be good exercise for both of us. It will be much easier on our knees and joints. We are calling it my birthday present since I turn 75 this coming Saturday.

Pastor Art is still sick with his cold. I worry about that. He’s two years older than me and folks our age can go from a cold to pneumonia and dead in a heart-beat. He is going to the MEC again today. He can’t get in to see his regular doctor until Friday. Sending prayers his way.

Ms. kate and I bought a new freezer to put out in the garage. Our old one quit the day after I had my initial accident and Ms. Kate had one hell of a mess to clean up and a lot of food to get rid of. It has been a real inconvenience not having that freezer out there. Now, if we can just not stuff it so dang full that we don’t know what is in there, it will be good. I told Kate that I thought we should get one because sweet corn season is coming on quickly and so will each season.  We just need to not go crazy with putting stuff up.

That’s it for today. Have a most blessed week. Stay in touch with God and stay in touch with your loved ones. You never know what life holds. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment