Saturday, July 6, 2019

July 6th; Happy Saturday. It looks like rain for sure outside but my AccuWeather app says nothing for the next two hours. I think the cooler for me is looking through windows that have screens on them.

Yesterday was Julie’s 52nd birthday. I know I’m 74 but sometimes it is hard to believe that my “little girl” is 52. Time does continue on doesn’t it. We just kind of live our life and one day follows another and before you know it years have gone by. But, we celebrated a little last evening by going to the Log Inn for dinner. Ms. Kate and Julie had the catfish fiddlers and I had fried chicken. We had it family style so that came with cold slaw, corn, peas, cornbread sticks, and fried potatoes. I topped my meal off with a piece of coconut meringue pie. Darned good eating.

Today I dropped th ladies off at the nail salon so they could get pedicures and I went to the barber shop so I could find my ears again. My hair was starting to curl on the ends around my ears so I had to as my father would have said —“get my ears lowered”.

From there we went to lunch at a place called the Pie Pan.  This place was the place to go for seniors for years and years. The waitresses knew everyone by name and what they were most likely going to want to eat. A couple of years ago the owners sold the place and the new owners spent a lot of money fixing the place up. However, they changed the menu drastically, and have appealed to a younger crowd. Our service today was slow and the food was what I call adequate. We had eaten there when the new owners opened the place and were’t overly impressed and didn't go back. Today I decided to give them another try and they failed. I reckon we can find plenty of other places to eat.

Time for me to head to the car and go get my infusion. Have a blessed day.


No comments:

Post a Comment