Monday, July 29, 2019

Good morning on this bright and beautiful Monday morning. What say we start a whole new week together? I mean, what else do you have to do?

I'm at the office at the church with nothing on my schedule so I thought I would start my morning with a few notes on my blog before I start working on anything else. When I got here, I found two zuchini squash on my desk and I reckon they are going to be part of our supper tonight. Our secretary, Karen had told Ms. Kate yesterday that she was going to bring us a couple. We really like zuchini and yellow summer squash. I generally don't raise them simply because people who do raise them are always willing to share because they get so many. It takes a bigger plot of garden than I have to raise squash too. Those plants really spread out.

Our weekend was busy. I am able to get around to most anywhere I want to go now that I have my AFO. My only real challenge is walking up and down slopes like my driveway and being up on my feet too long. This morning even that was easier. But, we had to go shoe shopping for me. Since I have the orthotic, I have to have all new shoes because they have to fit over my orthotic. That has forced me to move up from a size 9D to an 11 wide or even double wide depending on the shoe. Then I have the problem of the shoes fitting one one foot and being too big for the other foot. But that is life as I know it from now on. We went out to a shoe store and got fitted for two different pair, one black and one brown pair. That set me back $300. Then yesterday we went out again and bought a pair of house slippers so I can get out of bed, slip[ on my orthotic and slide my foot into a house slipper to get around the house. That works at night when I have to get up in the middle of the night. Although, I must say that I am developing the ability to get around the house fairly well without my brace. I take it slow of course but so far I have had no problems. Some times I do well even without the cane. Who kniws what will happen down the road. I might just develope the strength to do withour the orthotic all together. If that ever happens though, then I'll have to start a new shoe buying trip all over again to get back into my size 9D. I'm currently getting ready to find a place to donate all of my old shoes to. I have a lot of really nice ones and someone might as well get some use out of them.

We had a fairly good attendance at church yesterday, sixty-seven. We had the service outdoors in the Woodland Chapel. Some of our friends from St. Lucas in Ft. Branch were there. It's always nice to see them.

Today will be laundry day and I think this afternoon Ms. Kate is going to make another peach pie or maybe two. We picked up some yesterday while we were out and they are really good. I had one last evening while I was watching television.

That's it for this morning. I pray you will have a wonderful week with all kinds of good things happening in your life. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment