Thursday, July 25, 2019

Thursday: What a perfect morning. It is sixty-nine degrees, the sun is shining, and the is a six mile per hour breeze blowing. I’m in the sun porch with my cup of coffee watching my friends come to the Backyard Buffet. This is the most “normal” I have felt in five and a half month. If I hadn’t had to start the morning by “putting my leg on”, it would be like my old life. But, at least putting my leg on only means that I’m putting a leg assistant on and not a prosthetic.

The new brace seems to be working out fairly well. I’m getting around in it very well. I’ve been up and down my basement steps several times going back and forth to my office. Last night around 2300 hours I was in the bathroom getting ready for bed and I could hear a television somewhere. I knew I had just left the kitchen and family room areas and the televisions were off in those rooms. I had also just turned off the television in our bedroom and yet I could faintly hear a TV still playing. So, I grabbed my cane and made my way through the house without my brace (not a good thing to do) and went to the top of the basement stairs and looked through the dark. Sure enough, I could see the flicker of the light from the television down there because it was on. What that means is that it had been going all day and all night from the night before. So, —- I made my way back to the bedroom, put my leg on, and then went downstairs and turned the television off. I’m positive we don’t have a poltergeist in the house so that means I’m the one who left it on. What a dork I can be. I guess it also means that my hearing is still pretty good.

Yesterday afternoon I filled a bunch of the feeders in the backyard. The really good news is that they are all still hanging this morning and some raccoon didn’t come along and pull the down. I repositioned some of them too. I bought a new feeder the other day at Wild Birds. It holds a cylinder of food for the Woodpeckers. They haven’t tried it yet but they will. I also bought some other cylinders of food that contains all of the stiff that the birds like. Unfortunately the squirrels like it too so I bought the variety that contains hot pepper. The birds will love it and thee squirrels will leave it alone once they try it.

The new recumbent bike is working well. Ms. Kate and I are both using it. I’m going to jump on it as soon as I finish my blog this morning. I have my music out here and can just sit back, pump my legs and listen to my music. We’re only doing about ten minutes at a time to start out. That is what my therapist had me doing. Right now we are doing a “ride” every other day. But, I think that is going to increase to maybe a couple of time a day on the days we ride.

Having said all of that, it is time to wrap this up and get started on my ride to nowhere. I hope you have a blessed day and I hope you have time to stop and take stock once again of your blessings. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment