Thursday, July 19, 2018

What a lazy morning this has been. Both of us got up out of bed by 0630 for no known reason. I know I didn’t sleep well last night though. So we have pretty much just lazed around here on our IPads and our computers and dozed in our chairs in between. Ms. Kate did fix us some sweet rolls for breakfast to go with our coffee. I think I am just winding down from a year of being seventy-three. Tomorrow I’ll maybe be bright and bushy tailed as I turn seventy four. Happy birthday to me.

I did get the awful weed mess cleaned up where my raspberry path was. I’ve pulled the berry pants up and the weeds. Julie is supposed to bring over my grubbing hoe when she comes this weekend. Jim borrowed it to do some work around their place and I need it to get after those danged mulberry plants. Hopefully I can get down far enough to do some damage. I also did some weed eating and trimming out front of the house and mowed the front yard. Bless my neighbor Theresa, she was over to neighbor Dan’s house pulling weeds yesterday. I didn’t mow his yard though.

The backyard buffet has been busy all morning. The hummingbird has been here, the cardinals, the finches and the blackbirds. I was sitting here and I saw a really tiny lizard run across my back patio. The next thing I saw was a starling drop down and I think it ate that lizard. So, at the moment, I have butterflies, birds, and squirrels all here for their lunch. Not a bad view at all.

My garden is putting out a lot of tomatoes now and this morning I cut a couple more okra. I really don’t think my beets are going to do much more than they already have. Of course all of the weeds in there hasn’t helped a thing. I also put down a bunch or Round-up again yesterday. I hope it helps.

Tomorrow we will go out with our friends Bob and Brenda for some mushrooms and a beer to celebrate my birthday and the birthday of Bob’s late wife Georgia Ann. It’ll be nice even though it will be a bit somber.

Time to get up and shake the sleep off of myself and move around a bit. Have a great day and stay cool.  Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment