Monday, July 30, 2018

Ta-daa! Welcome to Monday. It's cloudy, there are a few sprinkles coming down and the sidewalk is almost wet. There is a hummingbird battle going on in the backyard as the two of them chase one another off of the feeder and off of the phlox. It looks like the hummingbird feeder is empty. I just filled that thing on Saturday. I can't believe the two birds drank all of that sugar water already. I must not have screwed the lid back on correctly or it wasn't as tight as I thought it was. After I get back from the office today I'll fill up the feeders again. I was trying to do too many things when I filled it the other day and probably did it wrong.

From looking at the rest of the feeders I need to fill them up too. But first I need to go to Rural King and buy some more peanut butter pellets. I used my last bag on Saturday and they are already gone. I also bought two new jars of peanut butter to put out. I don't know why everything seems to be eating a lot more right now. Maybe the slightly cooler temperatures have fooled them into thinking they need to be preparing for fall or something. According to the weather folks, we are in for a week of cooler temperatures which I'm sure will not hurt anyone's feelings.

I'm lifting up prayers today for the people of California who are experiencing horrible wildfires. I think the total of lives lost so far is nine and countless homes have been destroyed as well as thousands of acres burned. This fire is up in the Redding, CA area and the Cascade mountains. There is virtually no way to get control of it because the terrain is so rugged. My first Air Force duty station was up just north of that area and it is beautiful country, or at least it was. I'm not sure if this is the one or not, but one of the massive fires that is currently raging was purposely set. I don't understand the mindset of a person that would do something like that. What kind of a person would purposely set a forest on fire with no care whether it killed people or animals or destroyed homes.

We had a much smaller congregation yesterday. Part of the people were out doing a Christian education program for new Christians. But there were a bunch of our folks that are getting their camping in before school starts again. When the camping group takes off, it takes at least twenty out of the pews.  But, I hope they had a good camping weekend. It was perfect weather for it.

Well, it is time for me to get to work and see what's gong on at the church today. I have  meeting this evening at 1700 hours with a couple of men. One is rejoining the church and the other is his son and is going to be baptized and join the church in a couple of weeks. So tonight is a counselling session for that. Pray for the three of us.

I hope you have a pleasant day and are full of good thoughts as you start a new week. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment