Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Good morning on this bright Wednesday morning. Join me for a cup of coffee as we watch the critters at the backyard buffet. I filled the feeders yesterday and this morning I have lots of guests. So far the guest list has been mainly finches, sparrows, an occasional cardinal, and the squirrels. The woodpeckers will be here shortly since I put fresh peanut butter out for them. I’m not sure what is going on with my sunflower seed that is in my storage cans. It is clumping up and won’t fall through the holes at the bottom of the feeders for the birds to get at it. Even the squirrels seem to not be eating it like I would think they should. I know there are some bugs in it, (like corn bugs) and there is a kind of sticky consistency on some of the seed. I keep putting it out there and they do eat it but slowly. Maybe the heat has caused it to go bad, —— I just don’t know. Of course I’ve never known squirrels to stick their nose up at anything. They are frankly, just rats with fuzzy tails. I’ve seen them eat stuff from the ground that has lain there for a month so I don’t know. I do now I’m not going to pour thirty pounds of sunflower seed out on the ground for a free for all.

This morning I have office hours again. Pastor Art and Karen and I will meet to go over the calendar and discuss some things about upcoming events. I’m generally there for only a couple of hours on Wednesday. So, I’m trying to get this written before I head out. It might be a short entry today.

Ms. Kate and I went for pedicures yesterday. We go about every four to six weeks and probably should go more often. My big toes tend to get ingrown and it hurts like the dickens when they clean out the sides of the nail or “trenches” as I call them and they clean around the cuticles. I don’t really get my monies worth from a pedicure because my feet are so ticklish that I can’t stand to have them do the rasping and scrubbing on the bottom of my feet. So whoever is doing the job gets off pretty easy.

The clock just chimed 0900 so I better get in the shower and get out of here. I hope you have a pleasant day. Peace.


No comments:

Post a Comment