Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Hello Tuesday. It is nice to be alive and joining you on this bright and sunny morning. It wold seem that God felt as though I ended another day on this earth so maybe I need to do something good for somebody today. However, for the moment I am very content to sit out here in the sun porch, watch my guests, play my silly Bingo and Criminal Case computer games on my IPad and just enjoy the world around me. I hope you are having an opportunity like that. I think everybody should be afforded some time like that in their life. It sure takes down the blood pressure andfrees up the mind to be open to conversations with God.

I have been trolling on my computer for vacation spots again. Ms. Kate has never been to Washington state or to Alaska. It is the only two states that she has missed. I doubt that we’ll ever get her to Alaska but I would like to get her to WA. So, I’ve been looking for vacation places on the Washington coast. I found quite a few last night and they don’t look all that expensive. Nioiw, we just need to find a time to do it. Two of my four weeks of vacation this year are taken up by reunions of former military groups I was associated with. We’ve already taken one week and our next one is to Gulfport, MS in September. So I guess it will have to wait until next year. Of course, we don’t know that I’ll be working next year so when to go might not be a problem. We already have one week of vacation reserved and partially paid for for next year and that is for our family reunion in Virginia Beach.

The other “bucket list” trip we want to take is to Nova Scotia. I’ve never been there and don’t really know a lot about it. One of my favorite television shows was filmed there and it looks beautiful. And I have read that the best lobster in the world is found in Nova Scotia. We could go and eat out fill of lobster and fresh seafood. We can get good seafood in Washington too but I don’t think I have ever heard of lobster fishing on the west coast. Maybe I need to Google that.

I didn’t get my feeders filled yesterday so the buffet is bare this morning. I still have birds and squirrels but their pickings are slim. We are having a few days of beautiful and less humid weather right now so it would be a good day to get out and do some weed pulling in the flower beds. I also need to practice my trumpet again today. I stretched my practice out to forty minutes on Sunday evening and my lip was still sore most of yesterday. I tried to maybe practice some last night but the lip still hurst. I think I’ll be fine today. I’m playing for church on the 19th of August and while I have the songs down pat, I still need to keep thee lip up. I’m finding that I’m having fun with it again. So, that is my minimalistic plan for today. Some I’ll do, some I won’t. I also need to get in some sermon writing.

I need to quit now, and have a talk or better yet a listen, to the One from who I have received all of the blessings in my life. Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment