Thursday, July 12, 2018

Good Thursday morning to you! I hope this bright sunny day has found you feeling well and happy. I pray that when your feet hit the floor this morning you determined that today was going to be an excellent day. I certainly did. I reason that just the fact that I wake up and can put my feet on the floor means that God has allowed me another day of life in this beautiful world God created. Who knows what today will hold; — certainly not me.

No, I didn’t sit down and write yesterday. My morning started off with doing a Bible study at the church and then staying around for office hours. It was the usual four ladies that attended Bible study.   Bible study goes for about forty-five minutes and is more fellowship than study. I don’t normally attend and Pastor Art runs it. But, —- he had another appointment yesterday so I covered for him. That is one of the benefits of having two pastors.

Last evening Ms. Kate and I attended a benefit supper for a local organization called Jacob’s Village. The organization serves families with members who have physical and mental developmental problems. One of my best friends has a daughter with MS and they use this facility. Our church and St. Wendell Catholic Church are two of their biggest supporters. The dinner was held out at St. Wendell which sets maybe twenty miles out in the country from our house , but it is a lovely country drive. So, we enjoyed our evening. We had fried chicken with all the trimmings and an ice cream bar. How can one not enjoy that?

I filled my bird feeders yesterday or at least some of them. A couple of the sunflower seed feeders were somewhat clogged up because the seed was “clumped up”. I don’t know what cause that but I think it has to do with the heat. I hope it doesn’t mean that the seed has gone bad. I stirred it around and got it to flowing again so we’ll see if they eat it or not. I wouldn’t want to be known as the guy that serves bad food on the buffet.

Tomorrow morning early I need to be at a surgery center for a parishioner who is having an early dual hernia surgery. I already them on my schedule  but last evening they reminded me tha he was having this surgery so it is obviously important to them that I be ther to say a prayer with them before surgery.

That is it for today my friends. I. Including you in my thoughts and prayers this morning praying that all is well with you and that your day is full of peace and God’s protection and love. I hope that you will in turn, include me in your prayers. Peace .

No comments:

Post a Comment