Friday, July 6, 2018

Happy Friday my friends, wherever you may be. It is a much more comfortable morning. The humidity is starting to drop slowly and the temperature isn’t rising as rapidly. There is rain in our forecast but at the moment all I see is a blue sky through the trees that surround my back yard.  The sun is crestingmy roofline and shining on a beautiful Goldfinch thatis sutting on a feeder pole right next to the patio. What a brilliant sight that is.

I’m thinking that maybe it will be cool or comfortable enough today to get out and do some yard work. The yards need mowing and I have weeds that need to be gotten out of my garden and flowerbeds. I don’t intend to push it too much but I’d like to get some of it done. As long as the air isn’t oppressive and I work at a leisurely pace, I’ll be fine. The most difficult part is actually getting off oof my rump and getting out there. There are a lot of lazy reasons no to. LOL

My back yard continues to make its summer transition. The hydrangeas have gone from their brilliant white to a light gree,. As they summer wears on. The will lose all color and turn brown. The heads will eventually fall off or I’ll cut them back. The purple phlox is blooming nicely and provideing an alternative to the feeder for the hummingbirds. The various lilies we have out there are blooming including a Stargazer which makes the whole back yard smell wonderful, at least to me. Many people really don’t like the smell of the lilies and it can be a bit overwhelming especially in a large bouquet like a funeral arrangement.

I had a good day of visitation yesterday. I took communion to some of our homebound people and spent about five hours visiting with people. I think I get as much out of those visits as do the people I go see. One of my parishioners is paralyzed on one side of his body and can’t speak because of a stroke he had about six years ago. Bu his wife was there and and as we talk, he can somewhat nod his head in a “yes or no” fashion. He’s a nice guy and I really hate that this happened to him. And, each time I visit him, I remind myself that Ms. Kate could be in the same shape from the stroke she had a decade ago.  Her brother was in the exact same condition for fourteen years before he passed. We are so very blessed that Ms. Kate’s stroke didn’t do that to her. I can only give the credit to God and be grateful. But then, I could have lost her too back in 1993 when she had her heart attacks. I can’t imagine how different my life and the life of our children would be today had that happened.

Ms. Kate and I have finally narrowed down when and where to take our next vacation. We are going to do a week down in Gulfport Mississippi. We like that area and it is only about an hour from New Orleans so we can run over and have some oysters on the half shell at The ACME Oyster House, and some Bengiets. I most likely spelled that wrong. Gulfport is also close to Bay St. Louis and there is a restaurant there at which we had a fabulous meal once before and we want to go back and hopefully have another.

That’s it for today. I need to get outside before the sun gets too high in the sky. Have a great Friday and a great weekend. Taketime to stop and look around you at your stacks of blessings that God has heaped on you this week. Share some of them; that’s why they were given to you. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment