Saturday, July 14, 2018

Happy Saturday! It would appear that my writing has become an every other day thing but I assure you that is not by design. But for some reason or a bunch of reasons, that is the way it has been this week.

Yesterday started out very early. I was scheduled to be at a local surgery center for prayer with a couple of parishioners at 0900 yesterday but late Thursday evening I got a text from them saying that his surgery had been moved up by a couple of hours. So, I rediscovered 0530 on my alarm clock, got up and got ready to leave the house by 0645. I arrived in plenty of time and then waited until his surgery was over. He had a double hernia repair and it went textbook according to his doctor. I left when he went to recovery and she was planning to take him home in another hour or so. They are nice people and I’ve known him most of my life as we grew up in the same church, although he is eleven years older than me.

After my visit I came home and got Ms. Kate and we went to Nellie’s for breakfast. I’m a breakfast person. I can eat breakfast at any meal at any time and Nellie’s is one of my local favorites. I had a steak skillet that was huge enough that I brought half of it home and had it for supper last night. It also came with pancakes.

I got a little more done on the garden weeding yesterday and I hope to finish it this evening. Today though is going to be another ozone alert day and it is supposed to be in the “high alert” stage. The heat and humidity are bad enough. The “real-feel” temps today will be in triple digits but the humidity has dropped just a tad. The problem is that the air is not moving and that causes the ozone alert because the air particulates are stagnant. So, it will be another “stay indoors” day, which in reality is a good thing because I still need to finish my sermon for next week.

It would appear though that I’ll have to go out at some point. Because the backyard buffet needs to be re-stocked again. I have lots of cardinals and other smaller birds here this morning. The hummingbird is back again. He sits on the feeder but spends most of his time at the phlox. Ms. Kate has really enjoyed sitting out here watching the butterflies that have also come for the phlox. There is obviously something about the phlox that the bullerflies like or need because we have several that spend most of the day out there. It is a pleasant to watch and is just another bundle of blessing from God. The newest feeder of which I wrot a couple of days ago has still yet to catch on with the woodpeckers but I think it will. So far though, they really like the peanut butter that I’m putting out there for them. They seem to flock to it as soon as I refill those feeders. I’m going through a forty ounce jar a week. But, I buy the “store brand” and it is less than a fourth of the price that I was paying for the Bark Butter from Wild Birds and Things. Who knew I could have just used peanut butter?? We drove by Wild Birds and Things yesterday. I wanted to see if they had any indication that they would bee re-opening and ther isn’t. All of the merchandise and everything is still there. The family simply closed and locked the door and walked away and it is in the hands of the lawyers, I assume as part of the estate settlement.

I didn’t mean to write a novel this morning so I guess I’ll wind this up. Tomorrow is “church day” and I pray you will take time out to attend a worship service of your choice. You’ve been blessed this week once again and I hope you have taken time to recognize that fact and are maintaining a strong relationship with the God who made those blessings possible. Have a great day. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment