Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Hello Tuesday and a good blessed morning to you who are reading this. The birds are singing early today; probably because I filled feeders yesterday. The cardinals, the. Wrens, the finches, the woodpeckers are all here first thing. And of course I have one fuzzy-tailed rat out here but so far it is only eating ground clutter and isn’t up on one of my feeders. While I was out there filling feeders yesterday I noticed that the wrens were chirping like crazy and so were several other birds. I thought at first that maybe they were announcing. That the buffet was soon going to be back open for business. But then I noticed a four foot black snake laying in the flowerbed all stretched out. So that is what the wrens were sounding the alarm about. It is interesting that I had a snake in the yard. Last week I had a much smaller one out in the garden. Last fall I had a snake in the back yard too and that is the first snake we had ever seen in this yard. I generally don’t bother them. So far they have all been just common yard” snakes that eat things like mice and voles and moles and I have plenty of those. So they are welcome as long as they stay out there and don’t invite any of their venomous cousins to the party.

It is going to be another hot day although th weather guys say that the humidity is supposed to drop some. My main weather guy said last night that after today he wasn’t seeing any 90 degree days in the next several days forecasts. Of course we all know the nature of weather predictability. But our guys seem to hit it pretty well.

We were rudely woken up this morning by one of those “robo-calls”. I hate those. My answering machine was announcing the number and we immediately knew it was a junk call so we didn’t bother even getting out of bed. But, it disturbed our sleep. You always know it is a robo-call when the number being announced starts with “V” and then a long series of numbers. If you do pick up the phone, there almost always is an immediate hang up on the other end. I hope there is a special place in hell for all scammers and robo-callers. I hope they spend the next thirty bazillion years with a phone ringing in their ears.

Ms. Kate made a great lunch yesterday after I got home from the office. (See, we don’t always eat out.) She made up some foil packs with potatos and Salisbury steak and onions in them and we had an ear of Mr. Bob’s corn to go with it. It was delicious. Then last night we ordered in a pizza but she made a pan of chocolate and banana brownies to go with it. That was a first for me to have banana in my brownie but we had one banana left and it was starting to turn, so, why not experiment; —- and it worked.

Time to refill the coffee cup and move on to other things. I pray your day will be filled with good stuff and lots of love. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment