Wednesday, July 18, 2018

A happy beautiful Wednesday morning to you! I’m going to just try to get at least a short blog in before I have to get ready for work and go to the office. Actually, my Wednesday office hours can’t be considered much work because it is just a short staff meeting to go over the calendar and schedule, and upcoming events. It generally takes an hour depending on whether or not we get off topic. And yes, we generally get off topic.

I wish you could see the cardinal I have out here this morning as it sits up on the feeder pole and the sun hits it just perfectly. The butterflies are already at work on the phlox. We usually have a couple of black ones and also a yellow one that spend the majority of the day out there on the blooms. Some of the phlox has already been stripped of their petals. The phlox also attracts bees and they are a bit rougher on the blooms than the butterflies.

I spent a good deal of time out in the garden yesterday cleaning up the weeds that were taking over part of it. I’ll finish that up today after I get back from the office. It is supposed to be a gorgeous day and I want to take full advantage of it. I have decided to pull up all of my black raspberries because they are out of control and so mingled in with the darned mulberry bushes that I can’t seem to get rid of. I never had any berries that were on the plants anyway and that is the second year in a row, So, if they come back; fine. If not —- it is no loss. I just want to get that weedy mess cleaned up.

Okay, I’m out of time. I see Buttercup the yellow cat from next door has come over for a visit. The birds and squirrels will be making a fuss about that until she leaves.  Have a great day. Shalomn

No comments:

Post a Comment