Thursday, July 5, 2018

Happy birthday to our oldest daughter, Julie, today. Jules turned fifty one today. Where does the time go? It is so easy to look back and still see that little girl, and then that teenager, and then that young bride. One day rolled after another and now here she is; fifty-one years old, and a total success. Jules has always been the one of our girls who set her own path, set the tempo of her life’s drum, and marched off on her own to whatever destination she wanted. As a child she was destined to be the first ballerina cowgirl. As an adult she has been a dental hygienist, written a book, managed a couple of hotels, raised a fabulous son, successfully managed two Barnes and Noble College Bookstores, and now has decided that maybe she should get a college degree. She’s that favorite “weird and fun” aunt to our grandkids who loves with all her heart and will smack you down with a heap of “pay attention” in a heartbeat. So, —- Happy Birthday Jules; we love you to pieces.

It is another “heat-warning day”. This weather is supposed to break by tomorrow and start getting a bit cooler. You know it is hot when you see the squirrels just drooped over the branches and not moving. The birds don’t come around as much in this kind of heat except for early morning and late in the evening. I’ve had only one or two birds at my feeders in the last hour and they were more interested in the bird bath than the feeders.

Yesterday being a mid-week holiday is going to mess my mental schedule up for the rest of the week. Today should have been “trash day” but it wasn’t and I hope I don’t forget to set the cans out tonight. I plan to do parishioner visitation today if folks are going to to be home. Then I need to come home and start on my sermon for a week from this Sunday. I also have my monthly pastor’s report to write and my mileage paperwork t fill out. Always something on the schedule.

That’s it for today. I have phone calls to get to and work to do. Thank goodness most of it is indoors. Until next time, I wish you a perfect day. Peace.

1 comment: