Tuesday, July 31, 2018

We will see how this goes this morning. I’m sitting in my car with my IPad precariously wedged between my belly and my steering wheel trying to write. Ms. Kate has a doctors appointment first thing and I decided to wait in the car. It shouldn’t take too long for her since it is early and the doctors haven’t had time to get backed up yet. Actually, I don’t know if she even sees a doctor. It is for her yearly mammogram so maybe she will only see a radiologist who will do the test and then let her know what the results are after a doctor has read them. I don’t now; never had one, never want one from what Ms. Kate describes of it. Any way, she is supposed to call me when she is ready for pick up.  The hospital parking lot is full as it always is on the first couple of days each week. So I dropped her off, found a place to park, and will wait.

It has been what I call a “cows and flat rocks” morning so far. Lots of heavy rain so far but at the moment it is quiet. I’m glad to see the rain because we are running about two and a half inches short for the month and my garden waas really needing it. Now maybe the okra will put on. My tomatoes are really putting a lot on. I can have all the tomato sandwiches I want.  I do love tomatoes and summer time when I can just walk out to the little garden, pull a tomato of of the vine and eat it fresh like God intended me to. LOL

I had a very good counseling session last evening with a couple of my parishioners. It was obvious that one of them was really needing to talk to someone. He really is carrying around a lot of baggage and it is weighing him down. Hopefully we unpacked some of it and tossed it to the garbage can where it belongs. We’ll meet again next Monday and talk some more. I’m certainly not a certified counselor, — but sometimes, —- all people need is to know someone will actually just sit and listen to them and care about them. That is where we are with this session. Knowing someone will listen to us without judgement can be a tremendous healer. I just ask God to give me the right things to say or the right advice to pass on.

I think when we leave here we need to go find a produce stand and pickup a cantaloupe and a watermelon. Our area grows some of the best there is and we probably should get one don’t you think?  In the meantime, I have a couple of Max Lucado articles to read and I need to concentrate on them as my morning devotional. I pray you will have a great day. Shalomn.


No comments:

Post a Comment