Friday, July 27, 2018

It is another beautiful morning as the sun creeps over my roof to light up the back yard. We had a chance of getting some rain last night but it would appear that it didn’t happen. The phlox and other plants are looking a little droopy this morning. I’ll need to water the potted plants today for sure. And while I’m at it I might as well clean out the bird baths again. The humidity is lower and the temperature is supposed to stay in the low eighties today so I think it will be a great day to do a little work outside in these flowerbeds.

It’s Friday and believe it or not, it is the last Friday in July already. It is interesting that some times the days seem to drag along and we go about do our thing and all of a sudden it is later than you think. How did it get to be the end of July already? Of course this year has been confusing because of the weather. None of our weather has owned up to its actual season. Today for instance it almost feels like fall and I’ve seen a few leaves already dropping. We seemingly had only about two days of spring and then summer was all over us. So, let me go on record right now —- I’m predicting a cold and snowy winter. Let’s hope I’m wrong. I’m basing my prediction on absolutely nothing so the scientific reasoning is out the window. However, my friend who lives in Colorado was posting pictures of the hail they received yesterday and it was deep enough to shovel.

I’m re-reading a book about my church denomination. It is an ”Un-Official explanation of the United Church of Christ” and is a good book to explain what we stand for, and what we believe etc.. I wanted to refamiliarize myself with some of the history and stuff, and this book cuts through a lot of the stodgy stuff and says it all in a manner that isn’t boring. Of course, it has now led me to purchase yet another book because it raised a question in my mind that I had not heard asked before. That’s why my book shelves are double stacked and I don’t have room for anymore book cases. I really need to thin out my library. But as sure as I get rid of some, I’ll need them. I know I can “Google” most anything I want to know but that doesn’t give me the whole picture. I sometimes look back on my childhood and wonder how I ever really got any research done. I was fortunate enough that my parents bought a set of Compton’s Encyclopedias. Many homes never had those. I used to set and read them and be facinated by “the world” that was out there. Now people just whip out their IPhone and they have their answers to their question instantly. I’m not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing. But —- I do it a lot too.

Time to wrap this up and get busy. Have a blessed day. Shalomn.

No comments:

Post a Comment