Friday, April 1, 2016

The rain has washed away all of the clouds this morning and brought in a big ol' ball of sunshine. It is a beautiful cool morning out there. We have a breeze going this morning that keeps the chimes ringing and the feeders swaying. It looks as if I need to fill all of the feeders again this morning. The starling trio are here and they are going after the suet feeders and what is left of the bark butter. The goldfinches are on the thistle feeder. I don't have to fill the thistle feeders very often. The small birds kind of eat that as a last resort for what ever reason. I don't mind it because it is pretty expensive stuff. But I don't want it to sit there and mold either.

I don't have a lot of my plate today, just some odd jobs to be done; cut the asparagus, maybe mow the front yard if it isn't soggy, maybe break up some of the rest of the limb & twig pile. I for sure need to go get a haircut because Ms. Kate said I'm getting shaggy. I hadn't noticed it yet. I can generally tell when I need one because it starts to tickle the tops of my ears.

The black and white cat is back patrolling the perimeter of my yard. I'm intrigued because it is being very stealthy out there and watching the ground, and is paying zero attention to the birds that are all around out there. If I didn't know better, (and I don't) I would think it is looking for moles or voles. If that is the case, it is welcome in my yard. I know there is a mole run out there in the area where it seems to be stalking and it is working back and forth on both sides of the fence. Then it comes back out toward my yard barn. It maybe stays under there. It looks very well groomed so maybe I'm just the playground for when who ever owns it lets it out for the day. Oh well, as long as it leaves my birds alone, I don't care. If I see it take a bird out --- it will be BB gun justice time.

Ms, Kate and I got the bulletins run yesterday and then did some run-around shopping. I am looking for a specific kind of three-ring binder and have not been able to find it. A company named Mead used to make them but I am at a loss as to where to find one. Office Depot doesn't carry them, neither does Staples, Walmart, Target or anywhere else I have checked. I even went on line last night and couldn't find one. It is just a simple three-ring binder for holding 5 1/2  by 8 " paper. And they are only 1/2 inches thick. I found some that are "close" but not exact and it is driving me nuts now. I'm going to stop at Dollar General today and see if they have them.  It is just probably one of those products that they don't make anymore. I even went to Best Buy yesterday and asked the clerk there and his smart-assed reply was, "Sir, we don't deal in paper here."

Well, it is time to get busy and go have my hair cut. That will give the yard and ground time to dry out the yard a bit and I can do some stuff out there. Maybe I can talk Ms. Kate into going with me and we'll grab us some breakfast. I'll admit it is hard t leave my chair because I have seven bright red cardinals out there on the feeders and the bird bath and they are a joy to watch. Have yourself a most blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment